Pre-Game Talk: Jets host Senators • Mon, Apr 5 @ 6:00 pm CT • TSN3

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I'd move Stats back to 2C and PLD to wing...

PLD-Scheif-Wheeler
Connor-Stats-Ehlers

Reactions: hn777

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011

NHL probably moved this game up to try to not have to extend the current scheduled end-of-season date of May 8 too much when making up the North covid-postponed games.

Great that we have a game on Monday now with no Canucks games at the moments. Let's stay focused, be prepared, get some momentum going and take the 2 points from the Sens!

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Warm it up and get ready to roll
27D1934E-953A-472E-8DB0-444A5C68B15B.gif

GO JETS GO
:jets

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I’d do this...
Connor - PLD - Ehlers
Copp - Scheif - Apples
Harkins - Stats - Wheeler
Perreault - Lowry - Lewis

Who chloroformed Maurice to get Thompson out of the lineup?
PM loves him, he's been much better then we all expected and is stapled to that starting lineup until he's injured. I assume Maurice has him ahead of Lewis on the depth chart.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I’d do this...
Connor - PLD - Ehlers
Copp - Scheif - Apples
Harkins - Stats - Wheeler
Yep. Have every line capable of winning their matchups. Adjust throughout the game if needed. Down a goal? Load up the top 2, have a good 3rd line to play sparingly and bench the 4th. Other team iced the puck and is tired? Throw out a loaded line. Just came off the penalty kill and your defensive players are tired and your offensive players are fresh? Load it up and get some momentum back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mathil8

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Back to what doesn't work.

and the RW has fallen off considerably from when it did work in 17-18.

Boys, is that some stealth #CaptainBeakin' I'm seeing?

Don't see CSW suddenly catching fire but the 2nd line might click, and Copp/Apples for Stats might be possible as in-game adjustment, I guess. Of course, moving Wheeler down to the 3rd adds speed and checking to either of the top 2 lines -- but that's going to be a last-last resort, methinks.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Boys, is that some stealth #CaptainBeakin' I'm seeing?

Don't see CSW suddenly catching fire but the 2nd line might click, and Copp/Apples for Stats might be possible as in-game adjustment, I guess. Of course, moving Wheeler down to the 3rd adds speed and checking to either of the top 2 lines -- but that's going to be a last-last resort, methinks.

#CaptainBeakin? #ImOffendedByIt

Copp-Stastny-Ehlers was one of our best lines. It kind of leaves PLD in no man's land though. Would he fit with Lowry-Appleton? Perreault-Lowry-Appleton was on fire this year to start.

Reactions: JetsUK

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
lets see how long this really lasts.....

Seems like a bit of an overreaction to struggling offensively against a team that has consistently managed to shut down Draisaitl and McDavid this year but sure.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Watching Connor - Scheifele - Wheeler get dominated by their competition is what we do.
It's our identity.

I'd much rather see Dubois - Scheifele - Wheeler before we go back to the disaster that is CSW.
We've avoided a lengthy losing streak of any kind so far this year.
Well looks like were going to coach our way into one.

Better hope CSE scores early to avoid this disaster.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Ehlers - PLD - Wheeler
Connor - Scheif - Copper
Harkins - Stastny - Apples

We have 4 centers, use them.

edit ... we are playing the Sens 3 times and the Habs twice in the next 5 games, is 8 or 9 points too much to ask out of that block of games?

Reactions: leer2006 and DRW204

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad