Post-Game Talk: Jets hijack attack win 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Some o dat good mojo gonna be creeping through that room now.
Gud.

Jerts nearly shat the bed that game.
First period alright, second meh, 3/4's of the third :whaaa?:.
Consistently inconsistent.

:laugh: 2nd period didn't look too bad, but only because the first was worse. 3rd was like the 1st - awful. Edit - until the last 1:20 that is.

Reactions: Snot Rocket

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
It is exciting to think of it that way. I doubt Moe will. We will return to Scheif at 1C, PLD at 2C, Lowry at 3C, whatever is leftover/PK'ers on a 4th line.

I'm hoping that some rearranging of wingers will happen that could give us less distinction between the 3 lines. That starts with breaking up 55 & 26.

Copp - Scheifele - Ehlers
Connor - PLD - Wheeler
Stastny - Lowry - Vesalainen (I want to see Harkins get a shot at that spot but it seems Moe has decided)
Harkins - Nash - Svechnikov

Based on how the play has gone recently, if Moe insists on keeping Scheifele and Wheeler together ......... then Scheifele becomes 2C.

Connor - PLD - Ehlers
Copp - Scheifele - Wheeler
Not predicting that but it would be what should happen if he insists on keeping those 2 together.

I personally hope we see the bottom arrangement, but I will not even be shocked Pikachu face if Maurice automatically goes back to CSW and keeps the CDE line in mind for when things need to be “shaken up”.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
This place is getting too negative, was it a perfect game? Shit no . Did we pull out a regulation win on the road? Shit ya. We are missing our #1 center and our 2nd line winger and we are playing Booboo as a forward and he can't skate. Take the 2 points and start the car.

And whose fault is it we are playing BooBoo as a forward? That is not an excuse, it is a condemnation.

It wasn't just an imperfect game - it was effing horrible. Will I take the 2 points? You bet. But we stole the 2 points from a non PO team, quite possibly a bottom 5 in the league team.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I personally hope we see the bottom arrangement, but I will not even be shocked Pikachu face if Maurice automatically goes back to CSW and keeps the CDE line in mind for when things need to be “shaken up”.

Yes, I won't be surprised if we return to the old status quo either. I am hoping the wingers get moved around.

I like the idea of pairing Dubois with KFC and Scheifele with Ehlers.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
He's f***ing built too. Thick and man made. You can tell he's sculpted because you can see it thru the pads. His f***ing vice grip thighs. Suffocating thighs. Rock hard thighs. Piping hot thighs. Great arms. Great abs. A stocky chest. Love the progress his body has made throughout his youth and now as a willing eager adult

Let me preface this by saying that there's absolutely nothing wrong with loving who you love. Nothing whatsoever.

But speaking just for myself here? To paraphrase the immortal words of Roddy Piper, " ?????? Man, I came here to watch a hockey game, I got no idea what you two came here to do."

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
f***, Vesa looks so big and strong out there. Anyone catch themselves way too often wondering how much he can put up in the gym? I'm honestly sweating just thinking about it.
He's f***ing built too. Thick and man made. You can tell he's sculpted because you can see it thru the pads. His f***ing vice grip thighs. Suffocating thighs. Rock hard thighs. Piping hot thighs. Great arms. Great abs. A stocky chest. Love the progress his body has made throughout his youth and now as a willing eager adult
dear Kristian

Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I thought if Ehlers could score his first that we could get two quick.
I in no way would I call it a prediction but more like a request and then bang... it happened.

I would be interested to see for a short stretch (2-3 games) when Scheif and Wheeler come back that we leave the top 2 lines as they are and then play the COVID duo with Lowry as a 3rd line.
That would leave us a very serviceable 4th line of Ves/Harkins + ??? take your pick (Nash or whoever).
I'm not suggesting they do this long term but it would cause math up nightmares for teams.
Lowry could help Mark and Blake keep the puck in the other teams end and we'd have 3 pretty strong scoring lines.

Note: I don't think this would ever happen... just that it could as the boys ease their way back into playing.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Anyone notice all the empty seats. Announced attendance 11, 951. Probably less. Canadian teams aren't selling out either. Can't bode well for the NHL's bottom line, as much as all the Kraken merchandising will help for a year.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
None of the Jets season preview articles included the Vesalainen swooning. I'm glad he's taking the next step on the ice.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I watched until mid way through the second and what I noticed most is the Ducks were on it and their team was playing fast. On the other hand the Jets were playing very slow collectively. That created the sloppiness IMO. Ducks were beating us to the puck, winning the battles, and all over us.

So glad our goalie was hot and the better team on the night lost.

Last edited:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I watched until mid way through the second and what I noticed most is the Ducks were on it and their team was playing fast. On the other hand the Jets were playing very slow collectively. That created the sloppiness IMO. Ducks were beating us to the puck, winning the battles, and all over us.

The Ducks have some promising young players in their organization. They deserve some credit for they way they played. Nice to see Dallas Eakins behind the bench again.

Reactions: ps241 and Jets 31

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

I agree and noticed their speed in prior meetings TY as well.
A lot of our "system" issues are called out constantly - but sometimes it's not just the systems you are using but the effort required to make any system effective.
If you are getting beat to the puck and lose battles all night, it's just might be an effort shortfall.
The Ducks have a very quick team - they will make you look slow and ineffective system wise - especially defensively.
Matching their game speed seems to be a challenge for us.
We don't talk about that much - it's all about the systems.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
this better be a copypasta

Reactions: snowkiddin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad