Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Hawks • Mon, Apr 1 @ 7:30 pm CT • TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
question for you guys.
do you let this lineup try to work out the kinks?
or would you use the next few games as an opportunity to sit guys like Wheeler and Schiefele for rest?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
question for you guys.
or would you use the next few games as an opportunity to sit guys like Wheeler and Schiefele for rest?
I don't think you can rest at this point. Sitting players to rest is the luxury of having wrapped up what you were fighting for. Tinkering on the other hand should be in the table. IMO on the road with their backs against the wall would be a good time to start throwing some curve balls into the lineup.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I don't think you can rest at this point. Sitting players to rest is the luxury of having wrapped up what you were fighting for. Tinkering on the other hand should be in the table. IMO on the road with their backs against the wall would be a good time to start throwing some curve balls into the lineup.
curve balls could, arguably, muddle this mess up even more. you're going for structure, right?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
curve balls could, arguably, muddle this mess up even more. you're going for structure, right?
These are NHL hockey players. Different line mates should have no impact on structure. If anything it should focus them on maintaining proper positioning and assignments.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Wouldn't that be a sad way to clinch 3rd place--winning just 1 point out of a possible 10 points over the next 5 games.

The most sad way to clinch is to back into clinching getting zero points in the next four but Dallas leaving a point on the table :laugh:

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
question for you guys.

Getting first place should be enough of a perk to fight for. No regulars will get pulled unless we clinch first with a game to spare.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
two teams that bleed shots against and are in the top 10 in goal scoring league-wide.... should be a fun one

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
Nashville has an easy schedule. They could easily go 3-0.

We need to go 2-2 minimum. I'm expecting .500 which will be good enough to lock up first, albeit in not the most favorable fashion. I won't complain if that happens though!

Reactions: GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad