GDT: Jets @ Habs • Youppi rampage edition • Nov 1, 19h00 ET • Centre Bell • RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Great GDT, CHF!

Looking forward to this, a game between the two best Canadian teams.

This should be a beauty, and hopefully not decided until the last shift.

Good luck to your guys, but I gotta predict a Jets W.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I would actually scratch Byron. Versus the Jets, I'd rather have larger forwards in the lineup.

Scratching a player who had gotten two points the last game isn't exactly good practice.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Your GDT is incredible.
I'd like to be polite and say good luck but it would be a lie. Sorry.
Good luck except when you are playing the Jets.

bodybreak

Whiteshell Wild
Jul 11, 2006
Love this GDT! Thanks for being there during the era when most of the original Jets had left the Coyotes, until the Thrashers became the Jets (so basically 2002-2011 -- not exactly the best years for the team). The Canadiens were my #1 team during that point, and I continued to follow them until the new Rogers deal made it impossible to see their games on RDS out here in Manitoba (unless you paid NHL Centre Ice type rates). Still keep tabs on them, but don't get to watch every game. In the Jets first game back, vs the Habs, I enjoyed going down to ice level to watch the warmups. The visiting team takes warm-up at my end of the rink, so I got to watch the team I had been following for nearly a decade, as they prepared to take on my childhood favourite and new favourite team. I was amazed how big NHLers actually are up close! Looking forward to an awesome game today!

One lineup note: Expect Chiarot to play instead of Pardy. Chiarot has been in our top 6 all year. Pardy has been a healthy scratch, only playing when Chiarot was hurt.

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
Price is injured. I knew something was off about his technique the past few games. Didn't seem like himself.

Dammit... Definitely from getting landed on or ran over. Wish you could clear the crease like the old days or they'd at least find a happy medium between the way it was then and now.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
5-4 Habs

Subban x2, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Eller
Scheifele, Burmistrov, Trouba, Wheeler

rumple03

Oct 1, 2008
Guys and gals, wondering if you can help me out. I dont want to get in to the entire story on here but here is what I am trying to arrange.

My Dad has terminal cancer, been a Habs fam since he was just a kid. He has never seen a Habs game in person. That is changing today, we will be at the game tonight vs the Jets.

This is a special moment for my Dad, my folks used to be billets for the CB Screaming Eagle, 4 of their former players from over 10 yrs ago still keep in touch with them and call them on their birthdays and xmas.

2 of those players helped arrange this specia day for my Dad, one of them actually paid for his flight and ticket to the game.

Another former player is Adam Pardy of the Jets and we are driving right now to the Bell Centre to meet Pardy after their morning skate.

Here is where I need your help. My Dads fav player is Bgally17. Ive been tweeting him all week leading up to today begging him to meet my Dad for a pic. Need your help to maybe trend #meetmydad on bgally17 twitter account.

Anything you guys can do to help get bgally's attention and maybe he might come through, it would be one amazing moment for my Dad.

We are already on the security list for access to the Bell Center thanks to Pards. We just need mr gallagher!!!

Thanks in advance for anyone who helps by retweeting #meetmedad to bgally17

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Flynn is still on the "second" line. Un****ing believable.

So Semin is still out for tonight and a 4th liner is still in the top 6? I can understand sending a message but sometimes MT takes things a little too far to prove his point. Semin hasn't been good but he wasn't that bad to deserve being benched for 3+ games now IMO. He did make some good plays offensively but no one could finish his plays and put the puck in the net.

Great GDT. :handclap:

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Great GDT, man! :yo:

I'll probably catch that one on the radio, but I might be able to sneak into the thread a couple of times tonight.

GO :habs GO

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Flynn was -2 in a 6-2 game and the Flames first goal he let a pass through to his man. Doesn't miss a shift.

C Plus

Jun 6, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Guys and gals, wondering if you can help me out. I dont want to get in to the entire story on here but here is what I am trying to arrange.

My Dad has terminal cancer, been a Habs fam since he was just a kid. He has never seen a Habs game in person. That is changing today, we will be at the game tonight vs the Jets.

This is a special moment for my Dad, my folks used to be billets for the CB Screaming Eagle, 4 of their former players from over 10 yrs ago still keep in touch with them and call them on their birthdays and xmas.

2 of those players helped arrange this specia day for my Dad, one of them actually paid for his flight and ticket to the game.

Another former player is Adam Pardy of the Jets and we are driving right now to the Bell Centre to meet Pardy after their morning skate.

Here is where I need your help. My Dads fav player is Bgally17. Ive been tweeting him all week leading up to today begging him to meet my Dad for a pic. Need your help to maybe trend #meetmydad on bgally17 twitter account.

Anything you guys can do to help get bgally's attention and maybe he might come through, it would be one amazing moment for my Dad.

We are already on the security list for access to the Bell Center thanks to Pards. We just need mr gallagher!!!

Thanks in advance for anyone who helps by retweeting #meetmedad to bgally17

I tweeted it to him. Hopefully it works out for you guys.

That said, Go Jets Go. Should be a damn good game tonight.

Last edited:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
So Semin is still out for tonight and a 4th liner is still in the top 6? I can understand sending a message but sometimes MT takes things a little too far to prove his point. Semin hasn't been good but he wasn't that bad to deserve being benched for 3+ games now IMO. He did make some good plays offensively but no one could finish his plays and put the puck in the net.

Great GDT. :handclap:

It's not that Semin doesn't deserve to be benched for 3+ games. It's mostly that the guy taking his place is not doing any better. I would personally say that the AG line is actually worse since Flynn is playing on it. Would go as far as to say it's a lot worse. The point of scratching a player is to make the team better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad