Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Continue here :)

Previous posts:

Curious to see if you guys think this is something Winnipeg would consider doing...

Kane for the Schenn's

I counter with Buff for the Schenns.

Luke's a RD correct? If so he isn't a fit here as we have two that are better than him in Bogo and Trouba and a bunch of young guys that can take the bottom spot.

I also think Kane > Brayden so I don't see this deal working.

I would probably do Kane for B. Schenn and Read.

Assuming that Buff is our 3rd line RW and either Jokinen or Burmi will be our 3rd line C, then who should we sign from free agency as their LW?

Kulemin
Raymond
Michalek
Pouliot
?????

What's wrong with trying O'Dell on the wing?

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
don't believe I will

Agreed. Screw this place. I'm done.

Grumpy_Cat_Good.jpg

:sarcasm:

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I'd rather use Buff or Kane to get a early 1st this year and a good young roster player or nhl-calibre prospect.

Would prefer to move Buff and keep Kane, as Kane would still fit the young core going forward.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
My dream scenario was Buff to Anaheim for the Ottawa 1st they received in the Ryan deal, and Devante Smith-Pelly.

jetkarma*

Nevermind. I looked down and noticed the assignment I'm supposed to be doing.

Should we pursue Mueller?

I wanted , mentioned him a year and half a go , when healthy he certainly can add to the third line . Not sure how he performed over seas this year but he apparently is wanting back . Could very well be a good transition piece , and I would hope we are exploring the possibility .

jetkarma*

I'd rather use Buff or Kane to get a early 1st this year and a good young roster player or nhl-calibre prospect.

Would prefer to move Buff and keep Kane, as Kane would still fit the young core going forward.

We have the 9th pick , Chevy has shown we should have confidence in him making first round picks to be sure , so why would we contemplate trading Kane when we have a dynamic young proven top 6 at worse player and a top ten pick?

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
We have the 9th pick , Chevy has shown we should have confidence in him making first round picks to be sure , so why would we contemplate trading Kane when we have a dynamic young proven top 6 at worse player and a top ten pick?

I agree but also think it's because we're fans of one of the most boring, tight-lipped offseason teams. There's nothing else to talk about!

Personally, I hope we keep Byfug and Kane and only move Byfug next year if it's clear he won't re-sign or demands 7+mil.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg

As I mentioned, I would prefer to keep Kane. The only way I'd move him is in a package of an earlier 1st rd pick (which has greater chance of success), and a good young player and/or nhl-ready prospect.

If TNSE feels that package would yield more than what Kane brings alone, then I say do it. If a team offers scraps and b prospects, then no chance a deal is made.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@RealKyper: Ontario captains on the way out soon? *Independent sources say both #Sens and #Leafs shopping *Spezza/ Phaneuf *to west conf #NHL teams

@RealKyper: Hearing lots of interest in #Leafs Phaneuf @ right price. Some clubs tell me they value him btw 5m -6m, meaning Tor must cover remaining $.

Would the leafs really do a trade only months after signing him? They are so screwed.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
@RealKyper: Ontario captains on the way out soon? *Independent sources say both #Sens and #Leafs shopping *Spezza/ Phaneuf *to west conf #NHL teams

@RealKyper: Hearing lots of interest in #Leafs Phaneuf @ right price. Some clubs tell me they value him btw 5m -6m, meaning Tor must cover remaining $.

Would the leafs really do a trade only months after signing him? They are so screwed.

That would be hilarious. I am not a huge fan of Phaneuf, but what the heck is the Leafs D gonna look like next season without him?:laugh:

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Which teams would be landing spots for Spezza and Phaneuf?

My guess is... Spezza: Nashville. Phaneuf: Edmonton.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
:sarcasm: Phaneuf to Calgary

Well Iggy and Regehr aren't there anymore so at least he won't have to worry about getting his a55 kicked on the first day.

So lets get this strait.......Phaneuf out......Carlyle doesn't like Gardiner and he is suppose to be on the block. Unless they have D coming back they are going to need better goaltending :laugh:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Phaneuf would not be very happy in Edmonton. He grew up there. People there are actually aware how big a POS he is.

Well maybe KLowe is looking for some cover by brining in guys that are hated as much as him.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I wanted , mentioned him a year and half a go , when healthy he certainly can add to the third line . Not sure how he performed over seas this year but he apparently is wanting back . Could very well be a good transition piece , and I would hope we are exploring the possibility .

Could be a real buy low piece with high upside. Came into the NHL with a tonne of promise, and had a good rookie season. Concussions really hurt him in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad