Jets Gear MTS Iceplex

Galchenioretty

Galchenyuk 1 G in last 18 playoff Gs
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
I was just wondering how big their selection is on actual Jets gear? On their site it says they focus on equipment/skate sharpening ect. I'm looking for a customized jersey and the selection at Jets Gear St. Vital was pretty weak.

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
I was just wondering how big their selection is on actual Jets gear? On their site it says they focus on equipment/skate sharpening ect. I'm looking for a customized jersey and the selection at Jets Gear St. Vital was pretty weak.

its a pretty small store so i cant see them having more of a selection then the St Vital store

GmC

Jul 23, 2010
The last week of the season they clear out a lot of stuff . They also had an equipment sale I think it was at the beginning of May.

wpglax

Mar 8, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
The IcePlex location is probably the smallest selection in the city. Biggest selection being the downtown location at the MTSC (they're renovating the main store right now, so it's their 2nd floor atrium location that is currently open)
River City Sports by IKEA has a pretty huge Jets gear selection, last I was there it was 1/2 the store.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
The IcePlex location is probably the smallest selection in the city. Biggest selection being the downtown location at the MTSC (they're renovating the main store right now, so it's their 2nd floor atrium location that is currently open)
River City Sports by IKEA has a pretty huge Jets gear selection, last I was there it was 1/2 the store.

That's every River City Sports in the city. Jets gear are the majority of their sales.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Wonder if they will open a bigger store at Cityplace? Likely not, but I just find the MTSC locations to be really small.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
That's every River City Sports in the city. Jets gear are the majority of their sales.

Kinda think Jetsgear should buyout most River City Sports locations. Maybe let the other merchandise go to Jersey City for other NHL teams and the other sports. Maybe make the one at Ikea Jersey City and Jetsgear.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Kinda think Jetsgear should buyout most River City Sports locations. Maybe let the other merchandise go to Jersey City for other NHL teams and the other sports. Maybe make the one at Ikea Jersey City and Jetsgear.

uhm why? Jets still profit from River City Sports because it's licensed NHL gear. River City Sports has also been a staple in Winnipeg for at least 2 decades. River City Sports actually expanded after the Jets came back

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
uhm why? Jets still profit from River City Sports because it's licensed NHL gear. River City Sports has also been a staple in Winnipeg for at least 2 decades. River City Sports actually expanded after the Jets came back

River City Sports also does a significant amount of business from their website. I know when I was living in southern Ontario, I would often by stuff off their website because it was cheaper than I could find local or anywhere else online. This was before the Jets came back.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
River City Sports also does a significant amount of business from their website. I know when I was living in southern Ontario, I would often by stuff off their website because it was cheaper than I could find local or anywhere else online. This was before the Jets came back.

I use it to make sure stuff gets sent to the KP location when I want to get something. I finally found a toque I liked so I emailed them and asked them to send it to the KP location.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I still try and get my gear from the Jets store....They get the retail markup as profit instead of the just 1/30th of the share they do from NHL licenses goods at any other retailer.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I still try and get my gear from the Jets store....They get the retail markup as profit instead of the just 1/30th of the share they do from NHL licenses goods at any other retailer.

I do too, but River City Sports has so much more then the Jets stores. And it's cheaper to customize your jersey. That reminds me, I think on payday I'll finally take my Burmistrov jersey into the KP location and get it changed to Trouba

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad