Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Flames Fri Dec 31st 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

None

Feb 22, 2012
I think it's borne of necessity

How necessary is it when they just reintroduced the taxi squad?

To me there's only two scenarios
1) It's a financial decision (taxi squad players are still paid their minor league salary as long as they're there and not on the active roster).
2) They think Beaulieu is useful in a very diminished role on the 4th line.

Edit to add: If the latter is the case you could probably also argue that Lowry's view on the team's depth is basically that there is none beyond the top 9.

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

1) It's a financial decision (taxi squad players are still paid their minor league salary as long as they're there and not on the active roster).

Edit to add: If the latter is the case you could probably also argue that Lowry's view on the team's depth is basically that there is none beyond the top 9.
I guess I'm saying I'll wait to see what happens and why before claiming that it's the same old same old with this coach.

None

Feb 22, 2012
I guess I'm saying I'll wait to see what happens and why before claiming that it's the same old same old with this coach.

I honestly don't think it's the same old. It's just close enough that I remain somewhat skeptical of his decisions.

I'm also not completely averse to hiring from within. I still think that Pascal Vincent despite being so close to the the Jets for so long under Maurice is a solid choice if Lowry doesn't work out.

Reactions: hn777

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

were missing wheeler vesa copp svechnikov and our first-second call up is at the world jrs, I really don't think it's going to matter who is on the 4th line as they will be getting 2-3 mins until we get people back

Reactions: roccerfeller

None

Feb 22, 2012
were missing wheeler vesa copp svechnikov and our first-second call up is at the world jrs, I really don't think it's going to matter who is on the 4th line as they will be getting 2-3 mins until we get people back

They should still be practicing with actual players that play the position. In any other year where we weren't against the cap they would be playing with those AHL players and not sticking an extra defenseman there.

They have the opportunity to do so with the taxi squad and temporary cap relief right now and aren't.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Would be nice to see the Jets again.
This break will hopefully benefit the team and players as they get used to each other.
Fingers crossed we are a go
GO JETS GO
Happy New Year to ALL of HF Jets

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
POSTPONED
Also, league has announced all upcoming Jets home games now under postponement due to capacity restrictions.

Currently, next scheduled Jets game is January 2 @ Vegas.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
They should still be practicing with actual players that play the position. In any other year where we weren't against the cap they would be playing with those AHL players and not sticking an extra defenseman there.

They have the opportunity to do so with the taxi squad and temporary cap relief right now and aren't.

AHL players aren't even back in the city yet. I think that is the reason they are being forced to prep with Beau at forward.

Reactions: kanadalainen

None

Feb 22, 2012
AHL players aren't even back in the city yet. I think that is the reason they are being forced to prep with Beau at forward.

Eyssimont and Heinola are both on the taxi squad so they're I'm assuming they're present.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
POSTPONED
Also, league has announced all upcoming Jets home games now under postponement due to capacity restrictions.

Currently, next scheduled Jets game is January 2 @ Vegas.

You have to wonder if they try to schedule something else for Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino