GDT: Jets @ Flames • Christmas edition • Dec 22, 8PM CT • Scotiabank Saddledome • TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
That was one hell of a GDT post.

Onwards and upwards, GJG!

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
I would really like to see Armia on 3th line. He has the intensity, speed and effort level. + Above average defensive game. And of course offensive skills from different world than Thorburn has. So what's the holdup?

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Can always count on Conflicted to lighten the mood with a great GDT!

I've got one foot on the tank. Finding it harder and harder to care.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I would really like to see Armia on 3th line. He has the intensity, speed and effort level. + Above average defensive game. And of course offensive skills from different world than Thorburn has. So what's the holdup?

yeah I think it's kinda obvious that they should give it a try for at least one game. You can see that Armia is looking for plays that won't happen with Copp and Halischuk on his line.

Ehlers - Burmi - Armia
Thorburn - Copp - Halischuk

Can always count on Conflicted to lighten the mood with a great GDT!

I've got one foot on the tank. Finding it harder and harder to care.

same here. This is the first season which feels like a transition season with rookies coming up and down, having typical rookie problems, a drifting captain who will end up traded alongside a bubble team squad in the hardest division in hockey = easily no playoffs. But I think we'll keep on playing about .500 until the end of the season so I doubt we'll get a top 5 pick. We're not bad enough to end up that low in the league standings after 82 games IMO.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Love the Jets, but at this point I'd rather us lose. It sucks to say, but more likely something will happen if we keep losing...and if not, a high draft pick.

Why can't we win and still get all these things =(

Derfel*

Fantastic GDT, as always. So impressive.

I'm at this game in person - hopefully you'll hear my "True North!" loud and clear. If the team can bring the effort they did last night, and Hutch can bring his game from this time last year, then the Jets should be able to at least get 2 points from this AB swing.

All the best for the holiday season if I don't post to any of you before the 25th, by the way.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
nice gdt.
like flyingkiwi, my level of investment in this team is stagnating, but i can live with being entertained like last night, i guess.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

I agree !! .... By the way , why didn't Thorburn get pushed down to the 4th line yesterday for that absolutely dumb penalty he took in the Offensive zone in the 1st period ?? :shakehead

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Awesome GDT! that must have taken some work!

Very soon it's going to be time to simply start trying players in different positions. Realizing we won't make the playoffs, we should really just allow some younger players to find their NHL mojo. Use this time as training now.

Bring up Petan and move Ehlers/Petan/Armia around to see how to mesh (mess?) the lines. Throw it all at the wall and see what sticks.

This isn't to say we aren't playing well, but it's on great 5v5 and our great play isn't enough to win us enough games obviously.

C'mon, lets see what we the cupboards hold.....

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I agree !! .... By the way , why didn't Thorburn get pushed down to the 4th line yesterday for that absolutely dumb penalty he took in the Offensive zone in the 1st period ?? :shakehead

Stuart and Thorbs are "heart and soul" players that can't help themselves from impulsive penalties. They are also "glue" guys, so you can't punish them. Besides, Thorbs scored a goal or two, so Maurice wants to rekindle that magic.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Just wondering how much longer it will take Mo to realize that the Ehlers/Burmi/Thorburn line just isn't working? Mo has stuck with that line way too long already, I'd go Ehlers, Copp, Armia at this point what does he have to lose. Hali, Burmi, Thorbi is the ideal 4th line.

Last edited:

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
Love the GDT! I'm seeing the new Star Wars in a couple of hours. :yo:

I really hope the Jets can find a way a win tonight. GJG!

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Just wondering how much longer it will take Mo to realize that the Ehlers/Burmi/Thorburn line just isn't working? Mo has stuck with that line way too long already, I'd go Ehlers, Copp, Armia at this point what does he have to lose. Hali, Burmi, Thorbi is the ideal 4th line.

I agree that line isn't effective, or at least Ehlers isnt on that line. Personally I'd like to see Ehlers with Wheeler and Little and move Ladd to the third.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Just lose so the rest of us can be put out of our misery. Of course they'll probably win while being outplayed because that how we role and how hockey works. :laugh:

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Literally every time I bet my 50 vbookie dollars they lose. So I'm not betting today. You're welcome.

Love the GDT, especially Trouba and Buff!

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
I guess I haven't seen anything from Armia that makes me think he's got speed OR intensity. Certainly nothing that makes me think he's going to light it up with better linemates. Am I in the minority on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad