Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Coyotes • Sat, Apr 6 @ 9:00 pm CT • CITY, SN360, SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1971

Dec 15, 2017
The last night of the season will determine whether we finish in first, second, or third.

While I'd had preferred to be in first place today with a ten point cushion, you've got to hand it to the lucky schedule maker who managed to inject this much suspense and anguish into the final night of the season.
It takes a very calculated number of blown offside calls and non slashing calls, at precisely the right moments to achieve a traffic jam of mediocrity in the Central.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
It takes a very calculated number of blown offside calls and non slashing calls, at precisely the right moments to achieve a traffic jam of mediocrity in the Central.

Touche!

And while we're at it, let's go back to using the off-side challenge for just EGREGIOUS errors instead of applying it to someone's heel being 5 cm over the flipping line.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
This game means nothing for Arizona.

Jets need to finish this season with a good win and maximum effort.

If the Jets win, at least they're guaranteed 2nd place regardless of what St. Louis does. It's a real shame we only got one point out of last night's game. Had they won that one, at least they'd still have a shot at 1st tomorrow night without the need for Nashville to lose outright or in OT/shootout.

:jets

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
If the Jets win, at least they're guaranteed 2nd place regardless of what St. Louis does. It's a real shame we only got one point out of last night's game. Had they won that one, at least they'd still have a shot at 1st tomorrow night without the need for Nashville to lose outright or in OT/shootout.

Yeah Vancouver is good for nothing. I can see why I openly cheered against them when they were a powerhouse team a decade ago.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah Vancouver is good for nothing. I can see why I openly cheered against them when they were a powerhouse team a decade ago.

The Canucks players were more concerned with Fortnite than worrying about providing any sort of competition against the Predators. No help coming from them that's for sure.

Last edited:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
This game means nothing for Arizona.

Jets need to finish this season with a good win and maximum effort.
And they are playing Pickard in net. If that doesn't help get the offense flowing nothing will.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Team went from Stanley Cup Contenders and second place overall to Stanley Cup Pretenders and tied for 10th place or worse with a huge collapse in the second half of the season!

Almost mirrors Mo's coaching, in playoffs, out of playoffs, in Finals, out of playoffs, loss in third round, out of playoffs, in playoffs, out of playoffs.....

The drop from Morrissey / Enstrom / Buff to Beaulieu / Chiarot / Myers is pretty steep. Not hard to understand why they don't transition as smoothly or challenge entries better.

Reactions: Jets 31

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
If they do finish first in the central, I do not want to see a stinking central division banner hanging ceremony, because they sure as hell don’t deserve it. This is not how you win a divisional title.

There’s only one banner I care to see hung from the BMTS and right now that’s just a distant fantasy. Keep dreaming, dreamers!!

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Craziest combination?

Jets vs. Avs?

- Stars lose last 2
- Avs win
- Jets win (STL result no consequence on Jets' ROW)
- Preds lose or OTL (Jets ROW wins)

Did I get that right?!

Yep, you got that right and it looks like it will still be in play for tomorrow.

FiveHoled

Jul 2, 2016
West Coast
One game doesn't decide who's best, it's the entire season that defines a team and its worth. So, to me, tomorrow isn't super important but there better be one hell of an effort out there. I also just really want to play Nashville too, regardless of the scores tomorrow. Is that wrong?

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Good question. They keep cancelling them in favour of meetings.

I’m 100% in favour of meetings over practices right now.
Practices haven’t solved the problems. It’s in their heads and some good airing out of issues and discussion about playing as a team will go a lot further.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Team went from Stanley Cup Contenders and second place overall to Stanley Cup Pretenders and tied for 10th place or worse with a huge collapse in the second half of the season!

Almost mirrors Mo's coaching, in playoffs, out of playoffs, in Finals, out of playoffs, loss in third round, out of playoffs, in playoffs, out of playoffs.....
That's alot of playoffs , bet there are fans that would kill to see their team make the playoffs that much , just look at the Oilers or the Sens .

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I’m 100% in favour of meetings over practices right now.
Practices haven’t solved the problems. It’s in their heads and some good airing out of issues and discussion about playing as a team will go a lot further.
what if they just had Festivus and aired their grievances while holding the metal pole?

Reactions: Gotaf7

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If they do finish first in the central, I do not want to see a stinking central division banner hanging ceremony, because they sure as hell don’t deserve it. This is not how you win a divisional title.

There’s only one banner I care to see hung from the BMTS and right now that’s just a distant fantasy. Keep dreaming, dreamers!!
Considering we have nothing hanging from the MTS rafters , i don't care how they get one , if we were lucky enough to get one . We are in the playoffs , that's the first thing we have to do before getting the ONLY banner that matters to you .

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If i don't win the 649 lottery the right way , i don't want to win . :biglaugh:

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
what if they just had Festivus and aired their grievances while holding the metal pole?

great idea
maybe we get a festivus miracle?
upload_2019-4-6_7-54-41.gif

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad