Proposal: Jets/Canucks

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Jets Receive: 1st Round Pick(Top 3 Protected, if so Jets get 2020 first and 2019 second round pick), Jake Virtanen, Jett Woo

Jets Reasoning:

Jets need a future 2C and the 2019 Draft is one of the deepest Center drafts in a while, So Jets potentially get a high pick there could be huge going forward, Jets also need cap space for other futures and Connor would be looking at nearly 6m(which the Jets might not be capable of affording) and they already have great LW depth and a Blue Chip LW prospect waiting to break through in Vesalainen. Jets get Virtanen who could potentially be a great replacement for Armia. On top of that the Jets also get a very good capable 2-Way Winnipeg born Defensemen in Jett Woo, who almost fits perfectly in what the jets need moving forward on the RD.

Canucks Receive: Kyle Connor, Jets 2019 First Round pick

Canucks Reasoning:

Canucks get a high end Winger who has no flaws(excellent skating, excellent hands, excellent shot, excellent hockey IQ, there’s pretty much nothing the kid isn’t good at already) and can play anywhere down the lineup while making his linemates look better(imagine Boeser or Pettersson on a line with him, that would be exciting) plus they receive a minor payment back with a first round pick projected to be later in the first(so they can still get a decent prospect out of it as well).
Hahahahahahahahaha.

Canucks decline for obvious reasons.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Yeah, lets trade our 31G 21 year old for a pick that can maybe turn out as good as him, and throw in our own 1st as well.

Nah.

Can also see why Canucks fans say no, they need C and D prospects.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
No from the Jets, and also an easy no from the Nucks. Barring a miracle this year the Canucks are gonna get a lottery pick or close to it and are hosting the draft. I dont think theyre gonna trade their 1st when they have a chance at guys like Jack Hughes or Alex Newhook.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
so your proposal is

to Winnipeg
-Jake Virtanen
-2019 Canucks 1st rounder (Vancouver is hosting the draft btw top 3 protected, and unlikely we will win a lottery spot anyways, so a pick that is anywhere from 4-10 or the 2020 1st rounder and a 2019 2nd rounder
- Jet Woo

to Vancouver
- Kyle Connor
- Winnipeg's 1st rounder which is likely a twenties pick since....

I'll Kindly pass. Connor is a great winger for any rebuilding a team, Virtanen's been alright down the stretch, I like Jet Woo
, but we cannot afford to let our top 8 pick go at this stage of the franchise, and we are giving up a 2nd rounder,

appreciate the proposal though.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Both teams say no. Canucks cannot be dealing first round picks and as awesome as Connor is (one of my favorite players) we would need a center or blueliner to entertain the thought of dealing the pick.

Buf fan in Nash

Jul 18, 2018
Nashville, TN
This trade doesn't seem to make much sense for either team. Vancouver can't afford to give a likely lottery pick even if its top 3 protected. Kyle Connor has shown hes NHL ready and the Jets are in win now mode, they don't need futures.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Jets Receive: 1st Round Pick(Top 3 Protected, if so Jets get 2020 first and 2019 second round pick), Jake Virtanen, Jett Woo

Jets Reasoning:

Jets need a future 2C and the 2019 Draft is one of the deepest Center drafts in a while, So Jets potentially get a high pick there could be huge going forward, Jets also need cap space for other futures and Connor would be looking at nearly 6m(which the Jets might not be capable of affording) and they already have great LW depth and a Blue Chip LW prospect waiting to break through in Vesalainen. Jets get Virtanen who could potentially be a great replacement for Armia. On top of that the Jets also get a very good capable 2-Way Winnipeg born Defensemen in Jett Woo, who almost fits perfectly in what the jets need moving forward on the RD.

Canucks Receive: Kyle Connor, Jets 2019 First Round pick

Canucks Reasoning:

Canucks get a high end Winger who has no flaws(excellent skating, excellent hands, excellent shot, excellent hockey IQ, there’s pretty much nothing the kid isn’t good at already) and can play anywhere down the lineup while making his linemates look better(imagine Boeser or Pettersson on a line with him, that would be exciting) plus they receive a minor payment back with a first round pick projected to be later in the first(so they can still get a decent prospect out of it as well).
SO we are giving up our 1st and Woo and not getting Trouba back at the very least? No thank you.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
No you’d only get a player who’d be recognized as the leading Goalscorer for your team after this past season.
That's terrible justification. Boeser would have easily had more goals than Connor if he didn't get hurt. And that's with playing with way worse linemates compared to Scheiffle and Wheeler.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
That's terrible justification. Boeser would have easily had more goals than Connor if he didn't get hurt. And that's with playing with way worse linemates compared to Scheiffle and Wheeler.

More goals is more goals buddy and they’re GPG wasn’t that far off either.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
More goals is more goals buddy and they’re GPG wasn’t that far off either.
Boeser easily could have scored 3 goals in the 14 game difference. Again that's with playing with inferior linemates. Nothing against Connor, but if that's your justification for a poorly thought out proposal from both sides then I don't know what to say.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Boeser easily could have scored 3 goals in the 14 game difference. Again that's with playing with inferior linemates. Nothing against Connor, but if that's your justification for a poorly thought out proposal from both sides then I don't know what to say.

Again, he still would had more goals. I never said Connor is a better goalscorer I said he would had been their leading goalscorer, you need to relax buddy.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Again, he still would had more goals. I never said Connor is a better goalscorer I said he would had been their leading goalscorer, you need to relax buddy.
It's Friday trust me I am relaxed. I don't get what you're saying or even trying to argue here. Try again when you can put together a proper argument.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
#1 People talking about Woo like he is a blue chipper please stop. I have been big fans of Horvat at the time he was drafted and Boesser when people were shitting on him because a bad WJC but I knew how brilliant his shot was sonI defended him with Nucks fans and I even likes the Virtanen pick at the time even though it didnt work out. I thought Virtanan or Richie would be beat for you guys at the time. And sure Woo could be good. But he's not some untouchable prospect.

#2 why is the OP looking for a future 2C for the jets when you got Jack Roslovic (sp?) who is looking like he will be a future stud.

#3 why would the Canucks who are building still give up a likely top 10 pick?

#4 why would the jets trade conner for pieces they do not need at all?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad