Jets/Blues Matchup On D (Top 2)

Who has the better top 2 Dmen overall?

• Total voters

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
I see a lot of discussion comparing Blues and Jets lineups on the backend, and a lot of what I see is hard to reconcile with my own viewpoints, so I want to see what the consensus is.

Who has the better top two D? Not pairing, just overall top 2.

For the blues, there basically is no argument for anyone but Pietrangelo/Parayko.

For the jets, most people seem to think Buff/Morrissey, though there are trouba supporters out there so if you think he replaces one of those, compare the blues against whoever you think are their Top 2.

Which group is superior?

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
AP is better than Buff or Trouba by a bit, but Morrissey is much better than Parayko.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
AP is better than Buff or Trouba by a bit, but Morrissey is much better than Parayko.
Parayko is our best defenseman. Wait nevermind I misread your post, very much disagree though.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
That's cool. Morrissey is very, very, very underrated.
Yeah I originally just responded because I thought you were saying Petro > Jets top 2 > Parayko. I don't agree, but I'm not trying to argue it.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
It’s pretty clearly like this:

The Blues top two is better than the Jets top two by a small margin, though I could see the argument that it’s a toss up or that the Jets two are slightly better.

The Jets top three is better than the Blues top three by a fairly sizeable margin (Trouba is significantly better than Dunn, Edmundson or Bouwmeester)

The Blues top six is quite a bit better than the Jets top six as the Jets bottom three are pretty bad.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
To me, Dunn and Morrissey are pretty comparable. I think Dunn is really underrated.

Parayko and Trouba are close even though Trouba had more points. Pietrangelo is easily the best of the group.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
This year, Parayko has been better than Pietrangelo, and that's not to say Pietrangelo has been bad. Parayko has simply been excellent all year. He's been our most consistent D-man.

I'd say both Parayko and Pietrangelo are better than Buff and Morrissey, but it's still pretty close. Blues by a margin.

This is an incorrect statement.

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
To me, Dunn and Morrissey are pretty comparable. I think Dunn is really underrated.

Parayko and Trouba are close even though Trouba had more points. Pietrangelo is easily the best of the group.
Dunn is good but he is significantly worse than Morrissey in every conceivable way.

Reactions: Snowman

ESH

Jun 19, 2011

Morrissey is the best defenseman on Winnipeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad