News Article: Jets big winners of draft, scouts say

jetkarma*

Lots to like about the draft , of course draft grades immediately after a draft don't promise any results.

I like the upside for most of the picks and there is a dynamic quality that links a lot of the selections. I recall Chevy saying in the early spring that sure , size matters but that would not preclude him from drafting "talent that was not the ideal size " . This draft showed he was telling us something substantial at that time.

GoldenJet89

Feb 4, 2012
i honestly believe petan will surprise some people. he has first round skill. there is no questioning his offensive game at all... all the questions about him stem from size and toughness (that i've found)

watching guys like gallagher make me believe that skill ultimately shows through. and i think petan has plenty of it

i know he was on probably the best line in the CHL, but he was still a 3rd of that line. and put up a crazy amount of points

it may take a couple years to adapt to the pro game, but i could really see him having a crazy breakout year down the road and putting up a bunch of points with the right linemates

Duir

i honestly believe petan will surprise some people. he has first round skill. there is no questioning his offensive game at all... all the questions about him stem from size and toughness (that i've found)

watching guys like gallagher make me believe that skill ultimately shows through. and i think petan has plenty of it

i know he was on probably the best line in the CHL, but he was still a 3rd of that line. and put up a crazy amount of points

it may take a couple years to adapt to the pro game, but i could really see him having a crazy breakout year down the road and putting up a bunch of points with the right linemates

I am big on Petan too. Could be a game changer.

What I hope most, is that the Chevy haters actually see what he is trying to do. He is establishing himself and his crew as among the best in the league. Mark my words. The crew we have at the helm is elite at finding and developing talent. Look no further than Lowry, Hellebuyck, Olsen, Kasdorf, Kos, and Trouba, who 8 teams skip over and now the the apparent best D in the draft. There are some very keen eyes in TNSE and people have to have more faith that they know what they are doing. I, in my humble opinion, do.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I am big on Petan too. Could be a game changer.

What I hope most, is that the Chevy haters actually see what he is trying to do. He is establishing himself and his crew as among the best in the league. Mark my words. The crew we have at the helm is elite at finding and developing talent. Look no further than Lowry, Hellebuyck, Olsen, Kasdorf, Kos, and Trouba, who 8 teams skip over and now the the apparent best D in the draft. There are some very keen eyes in TNSE and people have to have more faith that they know what they are doing. I, in my humble opinion, do.

Things look promising with some of our prospects already, true. I'm going to hold out judgment until they all start making an impact at the NHL level (if they do make it). Trouba is the only one with home run potential so far. We've still got a ways to go in terms of organizational depth to compete with the best drafting teams. We've only had three drafts total. It'll probably be 5 or 6 before we could lay a claim to being an elite drafting club?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad