Post-Game Talk: Jets bedeviled, lose in Jersey 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
depth scoring is killing us... blame our stars all you want but having 6 people who score below a 4th line rate takes it's toll, it would have been nice to get that extra goal but we can't count on anyone in the bottom 6

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Bowness has five bottom six wingers on his roster, and apparently he doesn't see this as a problem. They got outclassed by a much better team. There was no question here. Jets power play stunk yet again. I couldn't even tell you who their best forward was.
didn't he call out our bottom 6 scoring? I think putting the lines as he did tonight was to try and spread out the offense...

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Jets are at a fork in the road...

A couple Wins away from 1st, and a couple Losses outside the playoffs...

1676860670777.jpeg

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Of all the losses I don't mind this defeat at all. The stupidity of those lines deserved a nice slap in the face and we got that. Better to lose and ensure stupid ideas like that don't get rewarded and get nipped in the bud. Those newly minted top-3 lines with a "checker" each one of them got scored on against at 5v5, good!

Every passing game makes it more apparent to me that spending premium assets to get Bowness help is going to be a big mistake. It would be the equivalent of buying an expensive steak dinner for your dog who is not gonna know what to do with it and is gonna be wasted on it.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
By the end of this season we will be talking about all the same mark scheifele issues as... well... every year except one

Faceoffs still a massive issue - this game should settle the debate about whether faceoffs are important or not

Jets outskated by a team that played last night... i guess we will outskate the rangers tomorrow?

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Agreed time for Chevy to make an add or 2.
I'm not sure adding guys for 20 games will be good enough. I don't think our top guys are good enough to beat other top guys so we'll give up a ton of assets to lose in the 1st or 2nd round without solving the structural problems with the roster.

I get that people are scared of alienating our stars by not pushing all in but I don't feel this core is good enough to do much anyway. I guess if we really want to tank we go all in here and when everyone leaves and we also aren't adding recent top prospects because we traded them and our picks now away we can probably drop ourselves down into the bottom 5 of the league.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
This team is completely flawed and a lot of people are blinded by the record. This team is a complete fraudulent mirage. There is no better time than now to have the courage to blow the team up from top to bottom. Yes including our precious goaltender
the flaws are that we don't get any bottom six support, something that should be easy to fix

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
This team needs to embrace the loaded up top six and bring in some serious scoring help for the bottom six at the TDL if they want to "go for it" this season.

The mixing and matching of lines like tonight is not going to bring this team any sustained success, IMO.

The Jets lack of depth shines through clearly against these elite teams, especially in the East, who can just roll lines.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
They really don't deserve an add at the TDL.

100%. Bookmark this post, print it, take it in writing... if they spend a huge asset and go big game hunting at the deadline, someone is 100% getting Kevin Hayes'd, it may not be the new guy but it is gonna be one of the good players that gets Hayes'd- probably one or more of Ehlers, Perfetti, Samberg.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well this was a showcase on how the NHL is trending and we got shown how elite teams play. The Devils play terrific hockey, fast skilled and hard.

Not really sure what to make of this team. Is this the team regressing to the bubble team many had them as or is this just a slump. Chevy must be pulling his hair out with regards to what to do this deadline.

Our PP is just bad and is killing the team right now.

He'll can't be faulted tonight

JoMo was hit and miss. Made some great plays but also a couple of uncharacteristic bad dzone plays. DeMelo was ok.

Pionk with his best game offe simply in ages. Was also much better transitioning the puck. Dillion was just ok.

Snerg had a bit of trouble with the Devils speed and Schmidt was decent.

Cole/Mark/Mason: They put up two goals and didn't spent as much time as the other lines in their end. I thought the line was solid.

Conner/Dubois/Saku: Saku is not a top 6 player but that wasn't the reason for that lines struggles. They generated nothing offensively and where a train wreck in their end. Piss poor job by this line.

Ehlers/Wheeler/Lowry: Hope Fly is ok as that was just a disgusting play by Smith. This line was solid but passed up way too many shots.

Fourth line played a hard game.

Ok we need to come out strong tomorrow and win the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad