Status
Not open for further replies.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
cut.jpg

CLICK TO VIEW FULL GAME NOTES

The Winnipeg Jets continue their final road trip of the regular season tonight when they meet the Colorado Avalanche at Pepsi Center in Winnipeg's penultimate game of the regular season...The Jets are 1-1 on the trip so far after losing 5-1 to the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday night...Winnipeg plays its final game of the regular season Saturday night on the road against the Arizona Coyotes.

Playoff Bound
The Jets have clinched their spot in the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs...It's the first time in franchise history that the Jets have reached the playoffs in back-to-back seasons...Their magic number to clinch the Central Division is four, which would give the Jets their first division title since relocation...The Jets need to win their remaining two games of the regular season to guarantee the division title...If the playoffs started today, the Jets would host the Dallas Stars, who hold the Western Conference's first wild card spot, in the first round of the playoffs.

Time Travellers
Tomorrow is the second of three time zones the Jets play in during their final road trip of the season...After staying in the central time zone on Monday against Chicago and Tuesday against Minnesota, the Jets play in the mountain daylight time zone tomorrow and mountain standard time zone on Saturday against Arizona...After staying in the central time zone for their first 10 games, the Jets will have played 26 games this season that were in a different zone time than the previous game by the time the regular season is over.

On the Road
Winnipeg is 21-18-0 on the road this season, which has set a franchise record for most road wins in a season...This is the only time in franchise history the Jets haven't lost a game in overtime or a shootout on the road...The Jets have won three of their past five road games...Winnipeg hasn't lost three consecutive road games in regulation since Dec. 10-20/16...Winnipeg is 17-for-19 (89.5%) on the penalty kill in its past seven road games...Wheeler leads the Jets in scoring on the road this season with 39 points (10G, 29A) in 39 games...Patrik Laine leads the Jets with 19 goals on the road.

Central Foes
The Jets are 13-12-0 against Central Division teams this season...Winnipeg is 4-7 in their past 11 games against Central Division teams and need to win tomorrow to post their third consecutive plus-.500 record against divisional opponents...Since the start of the 2016-17 season, the Jets are 47-29-4 against Central Division teams, which is second in the NHL...In that same time frame, Blake Wheeler leads all NHLers in scoring against the Central Division with 98 points (28G, 70A) in 80 games.

Bring on April
Tuesday's loss ended Winnipeg's 13-game winning streak in regular season games in April... The Jets are 19-1-2 in their past 22 regular season games in April, dating back to since Apr. 10/14...Blake Wheeler leads current Jets in career scoring in April with 51 points (22G, 29A) in 56 games.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
First win of the next 2 games coming up tonight :nod: and first place is ours . It's nice to know 1st is in the Jets hands if we win these next 2 games and it doesn't matter what Nashville and St.Louis do . By the way St.Louis lost to Chicago last night , pppftt , can't even beat Chicago , they are easy to beat . :naughty: :laugh:

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Jets clinch first with a win AND Nashville regular time loss AND STL regular time or OT loss.

Not likely to happen but it’s a possibility. I hope the Jets at least maintain control of first after tonight.

The OT loss by STL didn’t really help the Jets unless one of these two clubs suffers an OT loss in one of the next two games. It helped Nashville more as they now control second place (that STL previously had control of).

Last edited:

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
If ever there was a statement game for the Winnipeg Jets since 2011, this is it (oh, and the last game of the season will be another one).

Not only do they have to win, but they need to send a statement. They need to dominate... for their own sakes.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Hope the jets remember the pasting last time they were in Denver. What was it 7-1?

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I agree that a team only meeting will bring the team much closer together. It's a good sign.

Although I know nothing about this.... where did this come up?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I do as well.

I’m praying that players only and additional coaches meeting woke these guys up!

As Violator once said “come on SPAWN, ITS TIME TO GET PISSED!”

Thanks for the GDT Jeffi
According to Troy i'm a goof Westwood this morning , the fact the Jets had a players only meeting is nothing but bad , the team is a mess and if a team needs one of these meetings they are done . :shakehead Brilliant insight from a former CFL kicker , not a NHL borderline player , a CFL kicker , okeydokey Troy . :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad