GDT: Jets at Wings | January 10, 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007

Interesting to see Ras on Copp's wing. It would seem Larkin is ready to take his own faceoffs, and I was curious to see where Ras went once that came to pass. It also furthers Suter's job security.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Hell of an endorsement for Berggren, and I am really curious to see how Veleno looks with Perron and Fabbri.

Why would we put Chiarot with Hronek instead of Maatta?

Just checked those D-pairing stats. Chiarot-Hronek has been working very well statistically, but Walman-Seider and Määttä-Oesterle won't work at same time.

So, in this puzzle:

Chiarot - Seider - sucked.
Walman - Seider - sucked.
Chiarot - Hronek - works well.
Määttä - Hronek - works well.
Walman - Oesterle - worked phenomenally well.

You should go with:
Chiarot - Hronek
Määttä - Seider (never even tried, could be bad or good, but you don't know before you try)
Walman - Oesterle

You don't promote Gustav Lindstörm there, who has been bad with everybody else (if you aren't tanking).

Reactions: 14ari13

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
The only thing I can think of is that Maatta is still feeling the effects of his pneumonia and can't handle 2nd pairing minutes, yet.
Before his illness he averaged 19:55 per game. Since his illness it's 15:53 with three games below 14.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Why is Lindstrom in the lineup?

I don't like the lines either. I guess they have given up the playoffs

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Just checked those D-pairing stats. Chiarot-Hronek has been working very well statistically, but Walman-Seider and Määttä-Oesterle won't work at same time.

So, in this puzzle:

Chiarot - Seider - sucked.
Walman - Seider - sucked.
Chiarot - Hronek - works well.
Määttä - Hronek - works well.
Walman - Oesterle - worked phenomenally well.

You should go with:
Chiarot - Hronek
Määttä - Seider (never even tried, could be bad or good, but you don't know before you try)
Walman - Oesterle

You don't promote Gustav Lindstörm there, who has been bad with everybody else (if you aren't tanking).
Maatta seider would probably be phenomenal. They both are defensive minded and Maatta played well with Hronek who likes to jump in on the play, just like Seider liked doing last season.

I would have in order of lines:

maatta - seider
chiarot - hronek
walman - oesterle

This would probably, ultimately, be the best we would have.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Dubois having a career year, Morrissey having a Norris worthy season. They are legit.
Morrissey has been incredible. I drafted him in fantasy as someone I felt was ready to take a step forward, but I wasn't expecting this. If he continues this during the second half I'm going to have to decide if I want to spend a keeper slot on him.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Morrissey has been incredible. I drafted him in fantasy as someone I felt was ready to take a step forward, but I wasn't expecting this. If he continues this during the second half I'm going to have to decide if I want to spend a keeper slot on him.
[hb]You're clearly not a good evaluator of talent...[/hb]

• Haha
Reactions: jaster

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Same, been a fantasy gem. Easily my best d-man, and I have Makar! Nice to see him out from under Paul Maurice.

Reactions: hn777 and jaster

Monkey D Luffy

Go Bombers!
Nov 20, 2017
Winnipeg, MB
Ya they are good, but I think the WPG Jets are a byproduct of the West. I know majority on here love that they are in the East b/c of the timing of games, but I think the Red Wings being in the East, has destroyed them.
I think being in a small market they get overlooked a lot.

Vezinabuyck, Norrissey, and Connor are up there with the best of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad