Pre-Game Talk: Jets At Sabres - 6 P.M. CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

darksociety

Apr 6, 2011
Winnipeg
I took a look at some WPG-BUF stats in preparation for the GDT, and when I compare that with (what I think is) the relatively high level of compete the Jets showed against Boston, I'm really liking this matchup. Might be good to give the team a breather from the fishbowl, too.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I can see the Jets losing this one by a large margin with one player scoring a majority of the other teams goals.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
gdt_22.jpg
gdt_23.jpg

gdt_24.jpg
gdt_25.jpg

The hard work pays off, puck luck switches around, and the Jets win this one.

Go :jets Go!

jetkarma*

Hoping to see another couple of gritty goals for Burmistrov and Kane , fingers are crossed.

Interesting to see how or if Buffalo responds to Miller's post game comments.

I've said this before , imo this a a streaky team with streaky players , of course that isn't good on the downward slope , however if we get on a upward one it can get a lot of players going in the right direction.

Hope Burmistrov paid attention to how his goal was scored.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
gdt_22.jpg
gdt_23.jpg

gdt_24.jpg
gdt_25.jpg

The hard work pays off, puck luck switches around, and the Jets win this one.

Go :jets Go!

Oh god, this slayed me. The X factor in this game is obviously Ryan Miller. The Sabres are a defensive muddle and their scoring seems to be lead by one Tomas Vanek. This is a very winnable game, but it will come down to goalies again.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Buffalo didn't look all that bad to me in their loss to the Pens this weekend. I think taking them lightly would be a mistake.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
The Jets aren't in a position to take anyone lightly right now, nor was I suggesting that they were a team to be taken lightly.

Sorry DN, I didn't mean to imply I was responding to you. It was just a general comment about hoping the Jets don't take the Sabres lightly.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Buffalo didn't look all that bad to me in their loss to the Pens this weekend. I think taking them lightly would be a mistake.

I think this game should be a real close one. May not be low scoring, but it should be close, imo.

Not having Enstrom impacts us a great deal, but if we can keep it close, i think the Jets find away to beat the Sabres in Buffalo. Maybe a 2 goal, spirited effort from Wheeler. ;)

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Whats the over/under on Miller's F-bombs in the post-game interview?

I say 4.

Oh god, this slayed me. The X factor in this game is obviously Ryan Miller. The Sabres are a defensive muddle and their scoring seems to be lead by one Tomas Vanek. This is a very winnable game, but it will come down to goalies again.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
We're fighting the Bruins for the right to draft very high. I'm so conflicted over what I would like to have happen in this game.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I think this game should be a real close one. May not be low scoring, but it should be close, imo.

Not having Enstrom impacts us a great deal, but if we can keep it close, i think the Jets find away to beat the Sabres in Buffalo. Maybe a 2 goal, spirited effort from Wheeler. ;)

That would be great. Even though he's putting up some points, we still haven't seen second half 2012 Wheeler yet.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
That would be great. Even though he's putting up some points, we still haven't seen second half 2012 Wheeler yet.

Exactly! Maybe that's what is eating at me. If he was playing the same as he did at the end of the year, last year, he would be providing great leadership and the Jets might have a few more wins.

Too many times i don't even recall seeing him on the ice at MTSC. That shouldn't be the case.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com

Hopefully Vanek picks this game to cool off.

12 goals in 55 shots for Vanek
4 goals in 53 shots for Kaner

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Never thought I would ever say it but Clitsome in over Redmond would be an improvement.

wpgJetsfan

Dec 24, 2010
After watching how Buffalo played Pittsburgh the other night. We don't stand a chance in hell of winning tomorrow against them. They are fast and Miller has been playing really well.

I say we lose 4-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad