Post-Game Talk: Jets at Rangers 12/2/2013

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Look it was a bad loss and i am upset. BUT i dont overreact like some do. i understand in the direct aftermath of the loss people will say trade everybody which is crazy. The Rangers need a another top 6 scorer. Our defense is fine and goaltending is fine. Our first line is good we just need another scorer since cally and richards are struggling.

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
Look it was a bad loss and i am upset. BUT i dont overreact like some do. i understand in the direct aftermath of the loss people will say trade everybody which is crazy. The Rangers need a another top 6 scorer. Our defense is fine and goaltending is fine. Our first line is good we just need another scorer since cally and richards are struggling.

Need another center that can produce some offence. Richards doesn't look comfortable there, which leaves Stepan and Brassard and nothing else.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
So there we go again. We lost a fight when Falk got destroyed, and the momentum turned in favor of the Jets for the rest of the game. We've been undressed since then.

Who said a tough heavyweight isn't important...Falk is useless.

So, if the Rangers had won the fight they would have won the game. Outstanding use of logic.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
If I were you I wouldn't hold onto that quote because it's a bet you will lose. Derek Stepan is a decent 2nd line center at best. He creates absolutely 0 offense on his own. I could not care less about his stat line as I can already hear his nut hugger supporters yelling 51 points; he has played with good wingers his entire career. He has been abysmal this year outside of the Carolina game and maybe 2 or 3 others. He doesn't have the physical tool box to go along with his hockey IQ. He is the opposite of Kreider, although Kreider is developing hockey sense. You can teach hockey sense and defensive awareness; you can't teach speed and a blazing shot. You either have it or you don't. As stellar as Kreider has been this season, Stepan has been equally as bad. All in a guy that held out for an extra measly $200K and hurt his team in the process by missing camp and the preseason. Pathetic

No team relying on Stepan as their anchor at C will ever get anywhere

Have you completely forgotten last season, where Stepan definitely carried this offense and generated a bunch of goals on his own?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad