Pre-Game Talk: Jets at Oilers • Wed, Mar 11 @ 8:00 pm CT • Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Maurice was clearly not watching the game or ignoring the evidence if he actually thought the Lowry line kept the opposition in their end all of last game.

They got crushed in terms of corsi, scoring chances XGFetc.

Just another reason to not allow Maurice access to a stop watch. Zone time is useless if it accomplishes nothing.
And on the 7th day God said Lowry and Copp must always play on a line together.

No offense to Shore but Harkins has completely outplayed him and cannot continue to sit behind him.
Harkins-Copp- Rosie
Perreault=Lowry Apples

makes for a much more effective bottom 6.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Maurice was clearly not watching the game or ignoring the evidence if he actually thought the Lowry line kept the opposition in their end all of last game.

They got crushed in terms of corsi, scoring chances XGFetc.

Just another reason to not allow Maurice access to a stop watch. Zone time is useless if it accomplishes nothing.

Or you just have to watch closer. Zone time, leads to offensive zone line changes, which lead to skill players being out against tired players.

Yes they got outchanced, was a bit sloppy defensively, and unsynchronized. But the potential for them to do the right things, like a strong offensive zone cycle, or crash the net, exists with this line, more than any other we have.

I trust Maurice with this decision, don't be surprised if they score :)

Don't stop believing.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Or you just have to watch closer. Zone time, leads to offensive zone line changes, which lead to skill players being out against tired players.

Yes they got outchanced, was a bit sloppy defensively, and unsynchronized. But the potential for them to do the right things, like a strong offensive zone cycle, or crash the net, exists with this line, more than any other we have.

Don't stop believing.
:nod:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Don't stop believing.

They haven't scored that much as a line this year so I'm not expecting much. I know what Maurice is hoping for, he wants the 17-18 checking line back which actually did dominate their matchups and put some decent points on the board.

The issue is Lowry had a career year that year and hasn't been close to the same player since. His offense has all but dried up and his defense hasn't been near as good. Too much naustagia present in Maurices thought process imo. He should have kept going with combinations that were clearly working this year then go to something that worked 2 years ago.

Reactions: Mathil8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad