GDT: Jets at NJ Devils - Friday, Oct 4/19 - 6 PM - TSN3 - Running with the Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Taking the lead on this if that is OK.

Mods: If someone has done one better, please merge

Jets - 0-1-0
Devils - 0-0-0 - Another home opener (sigh)

Second game of a four game road trip and first back to back

Guessing that Brossoit sees some action tonight

Debut for Jack Hughes and Devils debut of this guy ......

fjCqLYq.gif

source.gif

Your comments/opinions appreciated

One thing: Game day rosters if possible

And now, back to hell, I mean work ...........

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
It'll be interesting to see Jack Hughes' NHL debut, also looking forward to seeing what Gusev can do in the NHL, all against our arch-nemesis... PK Subban.

Hoping Brossoit gets the start, interested to see if Ehlers carries the team again tonight. Forgot how underrated he is defensively.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
I liked a lot of what we did last night. If we can play like that again I think we pick up the W tonight.

Id like to see Roslovic moved up with Lowry and Perrault for today's game. We need speed on every line.

Man, I like what we did in the first period yesterday and we should tried that again, but for the full game .......

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Gonna be tough because of back to back but if Frenchie 2 gives us NHL goaltending i like our chances . Laine with the trick tonight . :thumbu:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Taking the lead on this if that is OK.

Mods: If someone has done one better, please merge

Jets - 0-1-0
Devils - 0-0-0 - Another home opener (sigh)

Second game of a four game road trip and first back to back

Guessing that Brossoit sees some action tonight

Debut for Jack Hughes and Devils debut of this guy ......

fjCqLYq.gif

source.gif

Your comments/opinions appreciated

One thing: Game day rosters if possible

And now, back to hell, I mean work ...........
This Subban gif is one of the best all time , makes me giggle every time i see it . :laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I liked a lot of what we did last night. If we can play like that again I think we pick up the W tonight.

Id like to see Roslovic moved up with Lowry and Perrault for today's game. We need speed on every line.

I really liked a lot of what we saw last night. But the 3 scrubs stooges were a weak spot, as expected. Unfortunately Helle was weaker than any of them. He was Pavlecian. If we play like that tonight, goaltending included, we probably get a similar result.

Helle is well rested. Does that mean he will get the start tonight? Guy has a bad outing, throw him back out there. The "get right back on the horse" school of sports psychology.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I really liked a lot of what we saw last night. But the 3 scrubs stooges were a weak spot, as expected. Unfortunately Helle was weaker than any of them. He was Pavlecian. If we play like that tonight, goaltending included, we probably get a similar result.

Helle is well rested. Does that mean he will get the start tonight? Guy has a bad outing, throw him back out there. The "get right back on the horse" school of sports psychology.

LB is starting tonight. Already confirmed...

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Brossoit is starting. Maurice mentioned it last night.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Last night was on Helly , not Maurice .
It was not on Helly alone. Ziba breakaway not on him, honestly the stupid rebound to Panarin not on him either, same with the last goal in front of the net. Could he have taken one of those? Yes, it would've been nice, but I don't expect it when the defense fails like that. The only really ugly one was the Staal goal, that was pure shit.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
If Brossoit is in the nets, I predict a win (Jets 5, Devils 3). Laine and Connor have to have at least a little defensive awareness in this game, or Copp has to play back more and let the other two do their thing.

DannyGallivan

Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
It was not on Helly alone. Ziba breakaway not on him, honestly the stupid rebound to Panarin not on him either, same with the last goal in front of the net. Could he have taken one of those? Yes, it would've been nice, but I don't expect it when the defense fails like that. The only really ugly one was the Staal goal, that was pure ****.
I hate it when goalies get a pass on most goals. Listen, the best goalies are paid to make the saves average goalies let in. Last night, Hellebuyck showed us just how average he is. Lundqvist let in a stinker, but he also absolutely robbed the Jets on about a half dozen occasions. Hellebuyck didn't make a single big save.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
If Brossoit is in the nets, I predict a win (Jets 5, Devils 3). Laine and Connor have to have at least a little defensive awareness in this game, or Copp has to play back more and let the other two do their thing.
how were they bad defensively last night? please don't say +/-

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I hate it when goalies get a pass on most goals. Listen, the best goalies are paid to make the saves average goalies let in. Last night, Hellebuyck showed us just how average he is. Lundqvist let in a stinker, but he also absolutely robbed the Jets on about a half dozen occasions. Hellebuyck didn't make a single big save.
I'm not a Helle fan. I don't think he should've ever gotten the contract he got. Still not prepared to crucify him yet.

Reactions: Derfel

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
We need to tighten up overall defensively, and I'm sure it will come. Just one instance, the third(?) goal was kept in and scored because Wheeler tried to poke check and run instead of making sure the puck got out. He was out by center ice by the time he turned around. [edit] No he wasn't, he lost position, but it wasn't as bad as I remembered, just saw it on the highlights.

I'm not suggesting it's only him, it's just the only play that stands out in my mind. Thankfully he had a terrific game overall though and came back with a vengeance to right that wrong and had a monster game.

With our D and if Helle isn't going to bail us out, we need to make sure we get pucks out.

Last edited:

DannyGallivan

Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I'm not a Helle fan. I don't think he should've ever gotten the contract he got. Still not prepared to crucify him yet.
If it was a one-off, I'd agree. Take a look at his last few games, including last year's playoffs and this past pre-season, and I see no reason to have any confidence in him.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

DannyGallivan

Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
how were they bad defensively last night? please don't say +/-
That's why I give the Devil's three goals tonight. That's two more than I'd like too. I "predict" Brossoit will stand on his head and keep the Jets in the game because of a plethora of defensive breakdowns and sloppy penalty killing.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Liked alot from last night.

Can’t blame PoMo for the D not being 100%.

Lines were good, and the toi spread was pretty good.

Goooo Jets Goooo

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad