GDT: Jets at Flames: April 11

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Alright fellers. Just heading back to Edmonton will update ASAP. It's easier from my computer .

JulianHopper*

Flames Lose Last Home Game Of The Season 5-3

A couple noticeable things in this game that the Flames are lacking and have to address, size and a backup goalie.

Just felt like the Jets boxed the Flames in all game even though the Flames outshot them 38-27.

Flames also went 2/5 on the powerplay, they usually win games when they're better in the special teams department.

Karri Ramo has to be tired facing so many shots game after game, there needs to be a solid backup in place for next season, a goalie that can play 25-35 games.

Sean Monahan with his 22 goal of the season, he seems a little off as well, may be the fatigue setting in from a long season and this being his first full season. He's played 74 games this season so far.

Nice goals by Russel and Hudler too.

Flames D a combined -8 in this game. Simply shows that they can't sustain the pressure night after night and that an upgrade at D is really needed. Doesn't help that they have Ladislav Smid and Dennis Wideman out with injuries either.

I think the Flames are better when they split up Kevin Westgarth and Brian McGrattan like coach Hartley has been doing the last couple games.

Hopefully they can pull it all together for last game and win against the Canucks.

I want to see Johnny light up the Canucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad