Recalled/Assigned: Jets Assign Hutch To The Moose (recalled Mar 8)

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I don't want either. Unfortunately we are stuck with Mason through next season - but I really wish we would have grabbed someone more consistent - I understand why the org did it with Comrie in the wings.

Reactions: GNP

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
And he’s back

Any idea what this is about? Are they planning on giving him some starts? His salary is the same either way.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
and with today being his 30th day on the NHL roster, he's no longer waiver exempt. The Moose's Calder Cup chances just took a big hit.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
and with today being his 30th day on the NHL roster, he's no longer waiver exempt. The Moose's Calder Cup chances just took a big hit.

He can still be sent down after the season.

That's likely why he wasn't recalled on emergency basis, at least there's no mention of it in the press statement.

One thing I'm not sure of is whether or not this is our third player recal from the Moose or just a continuation of his first one meaning we still have two more.

Last edited:

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
On the radio they called it emergency recall, if it is emergency it does not count as days on the roster, correct?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
If he does end up on waivers and miraculously ended up on a playoff team, is he eligible? It wouldn’t be a trade, so I’d it different from a trade deadline situation?

Not for the new team

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
On the radio they called it emergency recall, if it is emergency it does not count as days on the roster, correct?

Ohhh. Right, I forgot. No problem then.

In that case, there's a new 10 games played threshold:

The rights granted under this Article to Loan a Player(s) who is otherwise required to clear Regular Waivers to a minor league club expire for any Player(s) who, after clearing Regular Waivers

(i)
is not Loaned to a minor league club, or is Recalled from a minor league club (except on emergency Recall) and remains on an NHL roster for thirty (30) days (cumulative) or plays ten (10) NHL Games (cumulative),
or

(ii)
is Recalled from a minor league club on emergency Recall and plays in ten (10) NHL Games (cumulative) while on emergency Recall. For purposes of clarity, games played while on regular Recall shall not count towards the ten (10) NHL Games in this subsection (ii)

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Hutch will do just as good a job as Mason-IMO, and maybe even better-- so we won't hurt in the Goaltender position. Enstrom in, and Trouba close--things are looking pretty good.

I hear there is supposed to be like 12 inches of snow in New Jersey today ?- "big mess"

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
He can still be sent down after the season.

That's likely why he wasn't recalled on emergency basis, at least there's no mention of it in the press statement.

One thing I'm not sure of is whether or not this is our third player recal from the Moose or just a continuation of his first one meaning we still have two more.

I'm not sure why the last recall wasn't classified as emergency. If you're limited to 4 recalls then use them wisely & take advantage of the rules. Emergency is defined when your teams roster fall below 12 forwards, 6 defensemen or 2 goalies. With Mason down at the trade deadline, there's certainly no reason why that shouldn't have been classified then as an emergency recall.

Good question however on whether calling back the same player counts as another recall...I'd guess yes?!?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

The Jets didn't mention it in their press release. 30 days is not part of emergency but ten games (cumulative) is. I'm not sure how many games he was up for on previous emergency recall.

Here's the relevant CBA

13.5 Waiver Expiration. The rights granted under this Article to Loan a Player(s) who is otherwise required to clear Regular Waivers to a minor league club expire for any Player(s) who, after clearing Regular Waivers:

(i) is not Loaned to a minor league club, or is Recalled from a minor league club (except on emergency Recall) and remains on an NHL roster for thirty (30) days (cumulative) or plays ten (10) NHL Games (cumulative), or

(ii) is Recalled from a minor league club on emergency Recall and plays in ten (10) NHL Games (cumulative) while on emergency Recall. For purposes of clarity, games played while on regular Recall shall not count towards the ten (10) NHL Games in this subsection (ii).

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
I'm not sure why the last recall wasn't classified as emergency. If you're limited to 4 recalls then use them wisely & take advantage of the rules. Emergency is defined when your teams roster fall below 12 forwards, 6 defensemen or 2 goalies. With Mason down at the trade deadline, there's certainly no reason why that shouldn't have been classified then as an emergency recall.

Good question however on whether calling back the same player counts as another recall...I'd guess yes?!?

the reason why Hutchinson's last recall was not an emergency recall was the AHL all star game.
1) Jets had two healthy goalies: Hellebuyck and Mason. Mason got injured --> emergency situation, Hutch called up on emergency basis.
2) Jets had two healthy goalies: Hellebuyck and Hutchinson. Hutch was supposed to play the all star game, which he had to be loaned to the AHL for. With no injury involved, there was no emergency situation, so the Jets had to call up another goalie to replace him and keep two healthy goalies on the roster -- they recalled Jamie Phillips.
3) After the ASG, they wanted to recall Hutch, however, as the Jets had two healthy goalies -- Hellebuyck and Phillips -- there was no emergency situation, so the callup had to be a regular one.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
The Jets didn't mention it in their press release. 30 days is not part of emergency but ten games (cumulative) is. I'm not sure how many games he was up for on previous emergency recall.

Here's the relevant CBA

13.5 WNational Hockey League Talkaiver Expiration. The rights granted under this Article to Loan a Player(s) who is otherwise required to clear Regular Waivers to a minor league club expire for any Player(s) who, after clearing Regular Waivers:

(i) is not Loaned to a minor league club, or is Recalled from a minor league club (except on emergency Recall) and remains on an NHL roster for thirty (30) days (cumulative) or plays ten (10) NHL Games (cumulative), or

(ii) is Recalled from a minor league club on emergency Recall and plays in ten (10) NHL Games (cumulative) while on emergency Recall. For purposes of clarity, games played while on regular Recall shall not count towards the ten (10) NHL Games in this subsection (ii).
Yeah I noticed they never put it in the press release. I happened to be driving so on 1290 they said it was emergency, but we all know 1290 is often wrong.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

When he was last recalled (other than the paper AHL playoff one) Helle and Comrie were on the NHL roster. That does not meet emergency recall conditions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad