Friedman: Jets are not rebuilding, want NHL players back if they trade core pieces

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
While the Jets are secretive, if they do want to field trade calls for PLD, Scheifele and Hellebuyck, leaking something to the media might be the way to do it.

To leak that they are open to offers, yes. To limit the type of offers they will listen too, not so much.

In this case, I'm pretty sure every GM in the league knows that these players are on the table.

Reactions: Guffman

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
PLD has said he want to play on a competitive team. Maybe the Habs will be good enough by his next contract.
Guess we will find out in 1 year’s time. The only thing we know for sure is he desperately wants out of Winnipeg for obvious reasons and his dream is to be a hab. Can’t blame him on both accounts…

Justicebork

Jul 13, 2022
Guess we will find out in 1 year’s time. The only thing we know for sure is he desperately wants out of Winnipeg for obvious reasons and his dream is to be a hab. Can’t blame him on both accounts…
1686003562115.png

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
But @TS Quint just said Dach isn’t a center so who’s going to be 1C for Winnipeg :sarcasm:
TSQ is in love with Dach.
Go for it. I just want t see this huge return Jet fans are expecting for a 1 yr rental.
can PLD play left wing? We can always try him on Dachs left wing as a trial. PLD would have to sign a team friendly deal but shouldn’t be a problem after he signs as a ufa.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
That signals to me that they don't plan on resigning and this is their way of getting their names out there before the draft. Chevy is f***ing delusional if he thinks he can trade two top 6 C's and a franchise goalie as rentals and replace them and still be relevant.

The current brass wants this team to be in the perpetual bubble.

These deals go down and likely make the team look much worse than Calgary did after losing Gaudreau and Tkachuk.

A rebuild would be the proper direction when trading away a star goalie and your top 2 C when the team wasn’t even a legit contender with those players.

Kinda feel bad for the Jets fanbase for what I assume is on the horizon for them. Not that a rebuild is great either but eventually Canadian teams need to embrace how to build a winner when the writing is on the wall but mostly we see teams fight to remain bubble teams as Vancouver and Calgary currently are.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
These deals go down and likely make the team look much worse than Calgary did after losing Gaudreau and Tkachuk.

A rebuild would be the proper direction when trading away a star goalie and your top 2 C when the team wasn’t even a legit contender with those players.

Kinda feel bad for the Jets fanbase for what I assume is on the horizon for them. Not that a rebuild is great either but eventually Canadian teams need to embrace how to build a winner when the writing is on the wall but mostly we see teams fight to remain bubble teams as Vancouver and Calgary currently are.

Those rebuilds in small Canadian markets take forever. Edmonton got fortunate with McDavid but they were languishing for a bit. Calgary just won the division the season before and should've been better last year, not sure bubble team is apt. Vancouver is a worst case scenario but certainly possible if the Jets don't pick a lane.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Probably end up signing Monahan (or someone similar) as a pseudo 1C.

Dark days ahead.
After the rain comes the sun. Winnipeg aren’t in that bad of a shape. Get good young pieces for Helle, Scheifele and PLD and build around Ehlers, connor, Morrissey and Pefertti and whoever you acquire. That’s a solid base to build from. 3 years of good drafting and Winnipeg can get back in the playoff picture.
Jets are going to go a novel route of playing a 3D/2W set-up. Should help to keep goals down if we trade Hellebuyck away.
Honestly this would be funny.
They expected effort
Lmao

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

I think the fans would be a lot more supportive if they just came out and said hey we need to rebuild, we hope you guys will follow along with us on this journey, the road may be rough for the next few seasons but we hope to draft well and make some interesting moves and be back in it before long. Instead they pretend like they can still be competative hoping the fans are to dumb to realize that the team is taking 3 or 4 massive steps backwards with no hope of regaining that ground.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
What do you think of the Avs 1st + Newhook offer? I think that ia likely the value PLD will return as a rental. Would you be satisfied with that?

I’d be worried about fielding so many light weight/height top 6 forwards of Perfetti, Connor, Ehlers and Newhook. Is Newhook even developing well? Some Av fans are disappointed, thus why they are offering him up. I also don’t like the idea of helping a strong divisional rival with a critical piece if the Jets are truly not rebuilding.

I don’t like it personally.

Reactions: TS Quint

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
is there a source that is feeding your obsession?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad