Confirmed with Link: Jets agree to terms on a 2-year contract with Paul Postma (887.5k AAV)

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Good for Paul. Maybe he can make the team if we actually end up with a top 4 of Trouba, Byfuglien, Myers and Enström?

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Yeah 2 years is pretty surprising to me.. I hope that came with a confirmation that they're planning on playing one of the RHD ahead of him on their off side.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah 2 years is pretty surprising to me.. I hope that came with a confirmation that they're planning on playing one of the RHD ahead of him on their off side.

If not, he's number 7 behind Chiarot and Stu. Either way gives us good depth, if Chiarot sucks than they play him with Stu.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Good for Paul. Maybe he can make the team if we actually end up with a top 4 of Trouba, Byfuglien, Myers and Enström?

Yup. Add Chiarot, Postma and that looks like a pretty good starting 6. Of course we know that Stu will play.:shakehead

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Interesting. So I would suspect that this sort of signing solidifies that they intend on having Morrissey in the AHL next year

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Interesting. So I would suspect that this sort of signing solidifies that they intend on having Morrissey in the AHL next year

They would probably have to trade one or two if Morrissey makes the big club

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
They would probably have to trade one or two if Morrissey makes the big club

We have to trade a couple regardless, we can only have a max of 8 on the roster, I doubt the Jets will be happy to have a couple million worth of defense in the AHL.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
I don't understand what is happening with the D. How do we accomodate 10 one-way contracts (especially when I'm of the mind that it makes more sense to have 2 F and 1 D in the pressbox)?

Will Clitsome still be injured?
Is Chevy willing to bury Harrison and Pardy on the Moose?
Is a trade in the works?

The more I think about it, the more I hope Byfuglien gets traded. There's not enough minutes to go around, especially if Morrissey blows the doors down in camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad