Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Kraken 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I don't think it's important enough to not give some guys a bit of a break.
So, why don't we do both?

1000007206.gif

Question ? Does Samberg stop a sure goal every game ? Man is he turning into a very solid defenseman .
Yeah he's really impressive to watch

Hopefully Vancouver has the same outlook and we win the AHL game.
Difference is we can scratch like 4 top guys and still have all nhl players.

I'd scratch:

Pionk and Morrissey
Schiefele and Connor

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Only watched the last 10 minutes. Was Stanley-Pionk a pairing all game?
No, I think Bones was trying to insulate Pionk tbh, either that or Dillon threatened mutiny.

Pionk better get his mind right. If he struggles in game one I'd be dressing miller or Schmidt over him. I'm hoping we see playoff pionk and he gives Mack the McD treatment

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Way to get it done.

I am on team rest some players. If you give us 50/50 odds of winning each series and Vancouver 50/50 odds of winning each series the odds we even play them are: (1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2) = 1/16 or 6.25%.

That small of a chance isn't worth risking injury/not giving rest to some of the guys. Hell, give Lambert/Heinola/Chib a NHL game as a reward for a great AHL season.

Agree -- JMo needs a break, we know there are a few forwards including Eels and Monahan who have had maintenance days of late. But Bones seems to want to run headlong into the POs.

No reason we can't run Pionk as the 11th and 12th FW and 2nd and 3rd RD.

Would be nice to see Croissant also. Not sure why they couldn't have given him the Kraken game. On season's form it's a coin toss, and he deserves his name on the Jennings if the Jets win it.

I'm less bullish on home ice advantage than some, but good for the gate and hope you folks get the heat back before Game 1 -- which I see will function as the matinee performance to follow the crucial Leafs scheduled loss.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Agree -- JMo needs a break, we know there are a few forwards including Eels and Monahan who have had maintenance days of late. But Bones seems to want to run headlong into the POs.

No reason we can't run Pionk as the 11th and 12th FW and 2nd and 3rd RD.

Would be nice to see Croissant also. Not sure why they couldn't have given him the Kraken game. On season's form it's a coin toss, and he deserves his name on the Jennings if the Jets win it.

I'm less bullish on home ice advantage than some, but good for the gate and hope you folks get the heat back before Game 1 -- which I see will function as the matinee performance to follow the crucial Leafs scheduled loss.
The game to get Bro in was last night. It's bad enough that there's going to be a 4 day gap between games, Helle has shown he's not very sharp on extended rest and you really don't want to give the Avs momentum in the first game of he has a shaky start.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
A couple of stretches where it seemed like the Jets got a little loose and away from their game. Hopefully just a little bit of a mental letdown after the 2 big games with Dallas and Colorado.

I have to admit that I held my breath for a minute when JoMo took the hit behind the net.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
A couple of stretches where it seemed like the Jets got a little loose and away from their game. Hopefully just a little bit of a mental letdown after the 2 big games with Dallas and Colorado.

I have to admit that I held my breath for a minute when JoMo took the hit behind the net.
Yeah that was an oh f*** moment for sure

Reactions: wraithsonwings

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Good to know Barron is. day to day with his injury. He's an ideal playoff type player, being big, and very fast, and doesn't mind the rough going. I'd love to see him in the lineup, and he's a decent scorer.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Inanna

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Jets are in a tight spot statistically speaking.
Winners of 7 straight they are faced with a conundrum.
You want to go into the playoffs feeling good so winning vs Vancouver would be good.
But that would be 8 wins in a row.
The chances of 9 in a row etc... seems harder and harder.

I know that has nothing to do with the actual outcomes but in our heads it's a bit worrisome.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Agreed. Totally disrespectful to the Jets fans in Winnipeg to screw with our starting time with the home ice advantage we earned.

100% agree its total f***ing bullshit. Let us start at 7:00 and let the chips fall where they may. We are not a Pacific team, nor are we playing a Pacific team FFS. If we are in Colorado I care less but this is in Winnipeg. Have the West fill those late time slots for the first round.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
100% agree its total f***ing bullshit. Let us start at 7:00 and let the chips fall where they may. We are not a Pacific team, nor are we playing a Pacific team FFS. If we are in Colorado I care less but this is in Winnipeg. Have the West fill those late time slots for the first round.
Seems very straight forward and simple to us but Toronto Sportsnet not so much. How about we play at 6pm and Toronto plays at 9pm , heads would explode in Toronto.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Thong-back banana hammock?
To be honest, I haven't really thought that far ahead.

When Mr. Wonderful found out that I'd sorted through my bikinis to catch a few rays on the balcony a few weeks ago (anyone remember when we actually broke 20C back in March?) he asked about a thong swimsuit and I told him I didn't have one. (Which was a lie; long story.) So when he announced he would gift me one and started teasing about what it would look like, it was a nice relief from his frequent topic that I give up my academic ambitions, move in with him and get a "real" job.

I went along with the joking until it appeared he was getting serious and wanted us to go try some suits on. That's when I suggested that if he wanted me to wear a thong bikini for him, he would have to wear a speedo for me. It stopped him in his tracks for a few days but it's beginning to look like he might agree to my conditions. So that's what was in the back of my mind when I suggested showing up at someone's lakeside cottage with my BF in his new speedo.

And yet once again, I'm going to tell myself to stop flipping quickly between my Facebook, my Instagram, my texting, and my spur-of-the-moment comments in here and think before I post in front of a much older crowd.

Last edited:

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
I'll go out and get a speedo too and try to get a tan.

Everyone around will talk about the beached whale on the shore.
I had a very plump friend in my sophomore year. She claimed to have a large grey maillot but complained that when she tanned at the beach, she always had Greenpeace types rushing up to say "If we get it back in the water we can save it."

According to my older sister, that friend is now married to a Surrey dentist and expecting her first. And probably still using the same classic joke.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Seems very straight forward and simple to us but Toronto Sportsnet not so much. How about we play at 6pm and Toronto plays at 9pm , heads would explode in Toronto.
I don't think it's a case of being straight forward. Someone earlier explained that Sportsnet has a contract with the TML which specifies an exclusive window for their games. I don't recall most of the details, sorry, but I expect someone here has them at her fingertips.

EDIT: his fingertips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad