Post-Game Talk: Jets 2 - Pens 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
How do we know that Stanley is blocking this?

The smart play considering villes injury and him being off his skates for so long is him playing everyday, in key situations, and that's only happening on the Moose.

Roster expansion is happening soon and I fully expect Ville to be up, practicing with the team and even getting a couple of games in, having gotten back up to speed in an environment better suited to that.
He’s already played 12 or 13 games. He’s young, and he’s ready.

Reactions: Snowboy

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I guess they are trying to find out who he is and what he does, not really sure why they claimed him

They've played 3 games since claiming him. They have Mermis, Merrill, and Bogosian in their top 6. I assume they'll be looking everywhere they can to solve that. Not saying Chisholm is the answer but every option they have at this point they need to take an extended look at.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
He’s already played 12 or 13 games. He’s young, and he’s ready.
Haha timing is so great for this.

According to Jets brass and Heinolas play, he is not.

You can feel a certain way about it but it doesn't make you right.

Heinola has limited NHL experience and had been off his skates for months.

It takes time to get back to nhl speed and conditioning.

You don't want a young player to get thrown to the wolves to try and find his game.

I said he needed time and it was confirmed by the team.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
That’s the Jets kicking the can down the road becomes it’s convenient. No one is at NHL speed and conditioning without actually playing an NHL game. No one can tell me for a second that the Jets are continuing to mismanage this young talent.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
That’s the Jets kicking the can down the road becomes it’s convenient. No one is at NHL speed and conditioning without actually playing an NHL game. No one can tell me for a second that the Jets are continuing to mismanage this young talent.
Did you not @ me because you were losing the argument and didn't want me to further prove you wrong??

There's a right and wrong time to get up to speed. Hint, that's not when the entire league is in peak form.

And before you say vets don't get that treatment you're right - because A> the cba forbids it, and B> vets know what it takes to play in the nhl and have inherent belief in their abilities through experience.

FINALLY, and I've mentioned this twice, do other nhl players who haven't touched the ice in months due to an lbi just get thrown into meaningful games? No, it's called exhibition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad