Post-Game Talk: Jesus Price lead Habs forward

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Ottawa has a geneally likable team, I find. Pageau is great, Methot is good and pretty classy. I can't really think of a sens player I dislike. Maybe gryba? Sorta dumb what he said before game 6. Would definitely have cheered for them had they advanced. Heck, I even like stone and his fifty year old face.

What did he say before game 6? Nvm I remember now.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
dont know if this was posted always good for a laugh American Media hockey coverage and predictions

http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/04/14/20...redictions-and-more?page=2&devicetype=default

Biggest upset fodder

KWAK: Montreal has largely been carried by goalie Carey Price this season, and if winger Max Pacioretty is not available, that only adds to Price’s workload. In the first round, the Habs will be facing a Senators team that’s played desperate playoff-type hockey for the last month, and largely succeeded.

PAGE: There’s a certain question-begging that’s tough to wrestle with here: If I think they’re liable to lose in the first round, do I really think they’re one of the best? Still, the Canadiens, of the high seeds, could easily lose to any single Eastern Conference playoff team, including the Senators. Ottawa beat them pretty resoundingly in their last three match-ups. If Carey Price is anything less than God’s gift to goaltending, the Habs are toast.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
dont know if this was posted always good for a laugh American Media hockey coverage and predictions

http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/04/14/20...redictions-and-more?page=2&devicetype=default

Biggest upset fodder

KWAK: Montreal has largely been carried by goalie Carey Price this season, and if winger Max Pacioretty is not available, that only adds to Price’s workload. In the first round, the Habs will be facing a Senators team that’s played desperate playoff-type hockey for the last month, and largely succeeded.

PAGE: There’s a certain question-begging that’s tough to wrestle with here: If I think they’re liable to lose in the first round, do I really think they’re one of the best? Still, the Canadiens, of the high seeds, could easily lose to any single Eastern Conference playoff team, including the Senators. Ottawa beat them pretty resoundingly in their last three match-ups. If Carey Price is anything less than God’s gift to goaltending, the Habs are toast.

They were right though, Habs needed Price to win.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri

just think it's interesting the Habs weak meme why pick us out of every team to be the upset

would be just as rational to say Sens runs completely unustainable you could see the slowdown in the last 3-5 games

guess it depends on their writing deadling also?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
just think it's interesting the Habs weak meme why pick us out of every team to be the upset

would be just as rational to say Sens runs completely unustainable you could see the slowdown in the last 3-5 games

guess it depends on their writing deadling also?

Underdog stories are more interesting to read and easier to write. Analysis favoured Montreal. Drama favoured Ottawa.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Sens needed Anderson to keep from losing in four straight. If anyone singlehandedly saved their team it was him.

I disagree, the Habs played terrible in game 4 and barely took any shots. Game 5 was the odd game. The Habs outshot for the first 8 minutes, then the sens outshot them for the rest of the period. The Habs then picked up the pace in the third when they were trailing.

I truly don't agree with the Anderson keeping the sens in the series narrative, the Habs kept the Sens in the series by playing not to lose after game 3.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Pierre McGuire just mentioned that Gallagher is actually respected among the players in the NHL.

Edit: Lucic also apparently urged Boston to draft Gallagher.

How could he not? Played together and Gallagher has just about every giants record

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
How could he not? Played together and Gallagher has just about every giants record

Didn't play together as they're 4 years apart, they do work out together as Gallaghers dad is their trainer but you probably know that already

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

I hate this argument. He's a part of the team and contributes to their success. We can't just analyze the team in a vacuum without a specific player, it's silly and pointless.

Imagine how bad Ottawa would be without their best player Karlsson. They would be a joke.

HabsDieHard*

And the reason why nobody thought the Senators were a cup contender is because after their best player their team is really underwhelming.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Ottawa has a geneally likable team, I find. Pageau is great, Methot is good and pretty classy. I can't really think of a sens player I dislike. Maybe gryba? Sorta dumb what he said before game 6. Would definitely have cheered for them had they advanced. Heck, I even like stone and his fifty year old face.

Like everyone on their team EXCEPT Pageau.

He is whinny and not that good. Annoying player.

Methot is a class act. Looks like a wonderful person.

Didn't like Weircoch and Boroweki simply because I think they don't belong anywhere near an NHL team.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I hate this argument. He's a part of the team and contributes to their success. We can't just analyze the team in a vacuum without a specific player, it's silly and pointless.

Imagine how bad Ottawa would be without their best player Karlsson. They would be a joke.

For me, the first bolded sentence can be applied to the second bolded sentence.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
As bad as TVA Sports was, the CBC commentators were as bad if not worse for that.

I have to pull a

sddefault.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad