Jessica Mendoza to Join Mets as Adviser, Maintain ESPN Duties

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
from espn.com:

Sunday Night Baseball announcer Jessica Mendoza is joining the New York Mets as an adviser while continuing her ESPN responsibilities, the team announced Tuesday.

Mendoza will work in the Mets' baseball operations department, focusing on player evalution, roster construction, technological advancement, and health and performance. She will also give insight to general manager Brodie Van Wagenen.

"Jessica is incredibly well respected throughout the industry and we are excited to bring her into the organization," Van Wagenen said in a statement. "She is a world-class athlete and experienced television analyst with an extremely high baseball IQ. We are confident that she will help us in our efforts to win now and in the future. This hire demonstrates the continued support from ownership to invest in the intellectual capital of the New York Mets."

Since 2007, Mendoza has contributed to ESPN's baseball, softball and college football coverage. She became the first female analyst for a Major League Baseball playoff game in 2015.

Full story: ESPN's Mendoza joins Mets front office as adviser

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yeah. I'm not a fan of Mendoza, but I wasn't a fan of Boone, and I'm not really a fan of many in their booth.
Not only that, the strike zone box being there on every pitch annoys the hell out of me. If you want to show the location after the pitch, fine. Nothing bothers me more than being obstructed from seeing what's happening just because they want to cater to casuals.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Not only that, the strike zone box being there on every pitch annoys the hell out of me. If you want to show the location after the pitch, fine. Nothing bothers me more than being obstructed from seeing what's happening just because they want to cater to casuals.
Yeah, this is probably the bigger reason why I don't even bother watching the ESPN broadcasts.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
never thought i'd miss joe morgan and jon miller but ESPN baseball broadcasts since they parted ways with those two have been god awful

Sep 19, 2008
never thought i'd miss joe morgan and jon miller but ESPN baseball broadcasts since they parted ways with those two have been god awful

Jon Miller was not awful

How can you say this as someone who live in the Bay Area. Is this some anti-Giants thing

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I like it when they don't talk about the current game and goof off. Eduardo Perez is a likable guy and when they have TK in the booth you can always expect to laugh quite a bit.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
When I first saw the headlines about the Mets hiring her I thought it was to be an analyst :laugh: It seems like Keith’s contract is about to expire every year too which led to my fears

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
she's pretty bad but some of it isn't her fault.

her pretaped interviews taking place during a game and on a bigger screen than the actual game are probably not her fault but likely a reason she's as disliked as she is. she's knowledgeable but very mccarverish in that she's an overexplainer on simple things.

but you can't say things like that or you're sexist.

vasgersian stinks too. a-rod's the best part of the booth but between the two chatterboxes on either side of him, he's lucky to get in a word.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
She’s was actually a lot better on the radio where they aren’t try to run a three ring circus instead of just focusing on the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad