Online Series: Jessica Jones Final season (Netflix)

ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Feb 5, 2006
Calgary
They really need to develop this character a bit more...it's been the same thing for 3 seasons now (including defenders) and looks to be more of the same in this one as well.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
They really need to develop this character a bit more...it's been the same thing for 3 seasons now (including defenders) and looks to be more of the same in this one as well.

I think she's been developed quite a bit in the first two seasons. One could even say at the expense of the overall quality of the show (action, villain etc.).

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
same boat. Punisher was amazing on Netflix. Season 1 of Iron Fist was pretty decent as well but the rest of the marvel series were pretty brutal imo.

Funny as your tastes are different from most others as the first season of Iron Fist was mostly considered the worst of all the shows/seasons and the best like being the three Daredevil seasons and Punisher and JJ season 1.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Funny as your tastes are different from most others as the first season of Iron Fist was mostly considered the worst of all the shows/seasons and the best like being the three Daredevil seasons and Punisher and JJ season 1.

my definition of pretty decent is that I was able to push through to the end. it was good enough to keep me interested but not great by any means. Season 2 was bad. I would say that Luke Cage was the worst of the bunch (for me). Punisher on the other hand was executed perfectly both seasons and that was a very disappointing cancel for me.

does JJ get better after season 1? I tend to watch a majority of my TV while on the treadmill or bike at the gym and I just finished Peaky Blinders for the second time so I am in need of something to watch this week.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
my definition of pretty decent is that I was able to push through to the end. it was good enough to keep me interested but not great by any means. Season 2 was bad. I would say that Luke Cage was the worst of the bunch (for me). Punisher on the other hand was executed perfectly both seasons and that was a very disappointing cancel for me.

does JJ get better after season 1? I tend to watch a majority of my TV while on the treadmill or bike at the gym and I just finished Peaky Blinders for the second time so I am in need of something to watch this week.

Also funny, pretty much everyone think season 2 is much better than the first on pretty much every front than the 1st. Acting, fight scenes.

JJ season is very heavy on the character development front. I think it's good to watch it (it does feel like a chore to watch some of the episodes) but it delves more into Jessica's past and I would imagine with season 3 it explores how and why she's so messed up. Luke Cage went also really heavy with the slow character development which worked on some areas (Dr Voodoo or whatever he was became far more interesting towards the end). I would say the Netflix shows explore the grey areas of the various personalities quite heavily. "Nobody's perfect" could be their motto.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Season 1 of IF was absolute trash while Season 2 was actually decent television that looked to have a setup for a real good season 3.

The one thing I'd agree with is that Luke Cage was awful, both seasons. The Punisher was fantastic and probably the best of all the Marvel series IMO(Close between that and Daredevil).

Jessica Jones I think generally isn't that highly regarded but I thoroughly enjoyed season 1 and season 2 personally. Killgrave is still to date the best villain in anything the MCU has done yet IMO, even better than Thanos. And I just really like Jessica Jones as a character and the portrayal of her by Kristen Ritter.

I haven't read up on anything about what they plan to do with these series when the Disney streaming service opens up. I am assuming this is it for these 5 characters(IF, DD, JJ, LK, and Punisher) but man I would really love it if they kept all characters alive and either integrated them into the new Disney series, or gave them new seasons on that show, or some combination of both. I dont think LK or IF are characters that can carry a show by themselves but mingle them into some of the other shows and I think they could certainly work. Although I also think if you're going to keep IF around you really need a 3rd season to go into that cliffhanger ending more and finish hashing out the character before you integrate him into other story-lines.

I really think Marvel and Disney could do some absolutely fantastic stuff with the streaming service and the MCU if they wanted to. With 10-12 episode seasons and multiple characters having shows you could really create a lot of different story lines and characters mixing it up with another similar to how the comics work.

Elvis P

Got brass ... in pocket
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I believe GoT for many reasons showed the advantages of weekly episodes over binge watching and that weekly is the future.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Season 1 of IF was absolute trash while Season 2 was actually decent television that looked to have a setup for a real good season 3.

The one thing I'd agree with is that Luke Cage was awful, both seasons. The Punisher was fantastic and probably the best of all the Marvel series IMO(Close between that and Daredevil).

Jessica Jones I think generally isn't that highly regarded but I thoroughly enjoyed season 1 and season 2 personally. Killgrave is still to date the best villain in anything the MCU has done yet IMO, even better than Thanos. And I just really like Jessica Jones as a character and the portrayal of her by Kristen Ritter.

I haven't read up on anything about what they plan to do with these series when the Disney streaming service opens up. I am assuming this is it for these 5 characters(IF, DD, JJ, LK, and Punisher) but man I would really love it if they kept all characters alive and either integrated them into the new Disney series, or gave them new seasons on that show, or some combination of both. I dont think LK or IF are characters that can carry a show by themselves but mingle them into some of the other shows and I think they could certainly work. Although I also think if you're going to keep IF around you really need a 3rd season to go into that cliffhanger ending more and finish hashing out the character before you integrate him into other story-lines.

I really think Marvel and Disney could do some absolutely fantastic stuff with the streaming service and the MCU if they wanted to. With 10-12 episode seasons and multiple characters having shows you could really create a lot of different story lines and characters mixing it up with another similar to how the comics work.

Even though the Netflix series refered to the MCU at different moments (mostly to the ending of the first Avengers film), I don't remember any occurence of the opposite. I don't think these versions of the characters can exist within the MCU. They're flawed and their universe is way too dark and bloody. Major changes of tone would be needed and the continuity would jar...

(and I agree about Killgrave, by far the most interesting villain in the extended MCU - and to me JJ season 1 might be second to only Black Panther as the best work out of Marvel yet)

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't even be damned to start the finale of season 1.
You could've skipped the whole season 1. 2nd season is certainly better overall. Especially in the beginning. Its sort of takes the energy from Defenders I think. But as always with all Marvel TV shows - writers cant properly finish the story they started. So the end of each season of each show is somewhere between boring and unwatchable.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
The second season of this show was just awful. Not sure why I forced myself to finish it. I’ll wait on season 3 for now.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Season 1 of this was fantastic, some of my favorite television viewing. Season 2, not so much, but it was okay. Only through the first episode of this one so far, but I like the noir feel of what I've seen. More detective stuff so far.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I’m two episodes away from wrapping up season 3, and I have to say this one has been very entertaining. My only gripe is too much Jeryn Hogarth.

I'm on the episode where the main villain appears for the first time or is exposed but I'm not sure if it was necessary to show this much Hogarth. By they way, the villain is even creepier than Killgrave.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Season 1 was really good. Killgrave was a tremendous villain.

Defenders killed my enthusiasm for all of the shows though. I never watched anything after that debacle.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Did they ever officially cancel the Defenders? Itd be really cool if they did one more season of that (and did it right) and wrapped up everyone's stories. I know it wont happen...but these shows have been more positive than negative and it sucks they all have to abruptly end.

I enjoyed season 3. Not the best but it was enjoyable...better than season 2 for sure.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Did they ever officially cancel the Defenders? Itd be really cool if they did one more season of that (and did it right) and wrapped up everyone's stories. I know it wont happen...but these shows have been more positive than negative and it sucks they all have to abruptly end.

I enjoyed season 3. Not the best but it was enjoyable...better than season 2 for sure.

Defenders wasn't a running show to begin with.

I'd say it's very likely these characters return in 2021 in some form.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad