Jesse Puljujarvi Possible Breakout Season.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Was last night's pre season game the turning point for Jesse Puljuravi? Always thought it was just a matter of time before he broke out as a player as most Finnish players need some time to adjust the NHL. 2G, 1A, 1st star.

If yes, we may be in for something special if he plays with McDavid and Maroon this upcoming season. And last night was the genesis for this.

Reactions: Tony Stark

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Puljujarvi will be a very good player, and it has absolutely nothing to do with what a pre-season game says... :laugh:

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Looked better than in the first game, but this is a pretty big overreaction. Wouldn't complain if you were right, though.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
If a Juha Ylonen preseason hat trick for the Jets in the mid-90s taught me anything, it's not to put too much stock in a single preseason game.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Was last night's pre season game the turning point for Jesse Puljuravi? Always thought it was just a matter of time before he broke out as a player as most Finnish players need some time to adjust the NHL. 2G, 1A, 1st star.

If yes, we may be in for something special if he plays with McDavid and Maroon this upcoming season. And last night was the genesis for this.

Since it was Pre-season, no.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Looked better than in the first game, but this is a pretty big overreaction. Wouldn't complain if you were right, though.

The context that seems to be missed for my OP was up until last night's game, he was pointless this pre-season. I think most expect him to start showing the potential that he showed in his draft year despite being 19.

All I am saying was last night may be the beginning that sparks him to a roster spot and key role as this season.

I wouldn't be surprised if last night's game 3 points and a first star was the beginning of this. Confidence for a 19 year old is a huge factor for success.

I for one would not understate what last night did for his development preseason game or not.

Topkatz

Jul 23, 2010
The Oilers offence by the start of next year (this year is a longer shot for Yama even though I reckon he's earned it) could be

Maroon - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Lucic - Draisaitl - Yamamoto/Strome
Jokinen - RNH - Strome/Kassian
Caggiula - Letestu - Kassian/Slepyshev

Pretty much a perfect mix of scoring, defensive ability, leadership, size and physicality. As a very biased Oiler fan that is frighting for the rest of the the league.

Reactions: Imnotagoodposter

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
I suggest we induct him into the hall right now. September 23rd, 2017 will go down in history as one of the most important games ever played. It will become part of hockey lore, viewed in much the same way as the Colorado Avalanche's historic undefeated 2016 preseason.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
The context that seems to be missed for my OP was up until last night's game, he was pointless this pre-season. I think most expect him to start showing the potential that he showed in his draft year despite being 19.

All I am saying was last night may be the beginning that sparks him to a roster spot and key role as this season.

I wouldn't be surprised if last night's game 3 points and a first star was the beginning of this. Confidence for a 19 year old is a huge factor for success.

I for one would not understate what last night did for his development preseason game or not.

If anyone missed context here, it's you. A preseason game is not a respectable barometer for deciding if a player has broken out or not. It's actually laughable

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
Are you the same guy, who announced this summer on main board that Granlund will be out 2 weeks?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00