Jesse Puljujarvi double hip surgery

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Unless I'm somehow wrong, there is no way he had a double hip replacement. There are many things you can have done in surgeries on the 'hips', which is a hugely broad term. He could have had surgery on any structure, cartilage, tendon, bone, labrum, etc. He is young, the only way his hips are bilaterally in a state of total degeneration is if it was a congenital condition that somehow was not caught, and he lived with and is now seriously affecting him.

If he expects to play, it is a functional surgery.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
:facepalm:

Pastrnak was never in the discussion for the top 5/10 picks. Tkachuk was. :help:

Nice try tho.
30 nhl GMs had puljujarvi top 4, nice try though.

Drafting him wasn’t the issue, it’s how bad Edmonton is at developing and putting players to succeed

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
Not acually true. There’s no weight bearing at all for about a month or so. Typically 6-8 month recovery and honestly most people don’t feel like themselves until a year or more after. Its a pretty brutal rehab, can’t imagine getting both done at once
No weight bearing for a month is not that big a deal for a surgery (People are saying he had both hips replaced)

He will be ready for training camp

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
Jesse has:

Femoroacetabular impingement:

"A condition in which extra bone grows along one or both of the bones that form the him joint....giving the bones an irregular shape. Because they do not fit together perfectly, the bones rub together during movement"

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Ooof, this doesn't sound great. Best of luck to Jesse. It will be one painful rehab.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Another high draft pick botched by this wretched organization. Or maybe they really are just that unlucky.

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Good ole laugh at all the doofuses in this thread who think he has hip replacements.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Puljujärvi according to Finnish media: I have granny hips.

Probably said before, but I just got here so.

Figgzfood

Nov 15, 2017
Unless I'm somehow wrong, there is no way he had a double hip replacement. There are many things you can have done in surgeries on the 'hips', which is a hugely broad term. He could have had surgery on any structure, cartilage, tendon, bone, labrum, etc. He is young, the only way his hips are bilaterally in a state of total degeneration is if it was a congenital condition that somehow was not caught, and he lived with and is now seriously affecting him.

If he expects to play, it is a functional surgery.
Happened to me with zero notice. Vascular necrosis led to dead bone and the need for double replacement.
I'm not saying that is the case, but it can just come up on you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad