Player Discussion Jesse Puljujärvi 4th Overall 2016 Draft. Part V: Called Up 11/10/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Several of my Finnish friends tell me JP should know english in accordance with the school curriculum, and were all very surprised to learn a finn does not (you likely can't name another finnish player who can't speak english).
That's true. I'm a few years older than Pulju and don't know anyone of my age that doesn't understand at least basic English. But as others have said it's more due to influence of American pop culture than the school - I understood English pretty well before my 1st lesson as a 9-year-old.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
If he gets close to 50 ill eat crow. I'm expecting 30-35

I really have no idea what to expect from him. Unless he has a terrific offseason, I am not sure that he shouldn’t be in the AHL based on what we seen at the end. I really hope he has a step forward but I guess we will see. Wingers on this team are a mess to say the least.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

PulYou

Feb 16, 2018
Even though Pulju had lost his confidence, according to ReITCF% ReITGF% Oilers were better, when Pulju was on ice than off.

Player ReIT CF% ReITGF%
Maroon 1.87 2.09
Slepyshev 1.34 1.95
Lucic 1.33 -.52
Strome .96 .27
JP .79 1.29
Khaira .06 -5.14
Caggiula -4.05 -10
Aberg -4.29 8.7
Rattie -5.27 .98

Statistics are from Scungilly Slushy (Lowetide's blog).

Lowetide.ca | You Never can Tell

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I apologize if this was already talked about, but have I missed something, did he have an surgery last offseason as well?

Kummola murahtaa MM-kieltäytymisistä – suora kommentti Puljujärven tilanteesta

It's about his decision on the Worlds,
"That's what it's about, if I go there I lose 6 weeks of offseason training, the thing is that the last 2 summers have been affected by those surgeries so it would be nice to get a good summer of training.
Could rest a bit and then work on towards next season with a positive mindset".

Reactions: PelleLindbergh

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
I apologize if this was already talked about, but have I missed something, did he have an surgery last offseason as well?

"That's what it's about, if I go there I lose 6 weeks of offseason training, the thing is that the last 2 summers have been affected by those surgeries so it would be nice to get a good summer of training.
So no world’s for Jesse?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

I didn't hear of any surgery last season, I wonder what last season's surgery may have been?

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Underlying numbers are good for Jesse just need to get this kid some confidence and consistency. If RNH isn't traded, give him an extended look on that line to start the season and work him into a PP, I'd bet once he finds his groove the puck will be going in the net in bunches for him.

Reactions: PulYou

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I didn't hear of any surgery last season, I wonder what last season's surgery may have been?

No mention, but he clearly says the last 2 summers have been wasted thanks to those surgeries.
Not that he had a surgery on draft summer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad