Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Staaled Out Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
He indeed hasn’t bring anything lately. But Staal is worst. So I start Kk with Anderson because Anderson doesn’t need anyone to play is game. Armia or perry at LW

Reactions: Gravity

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
He is in a funk and I see other players bringing more in the POs right now.
POs need to be about winning and over the last month I can't see what KK will bring to help the team win now. No excuses, no blame, he just hasn't been good.
Linemates, Staal, coach whatever....no excuses he hasn't been good.
I do hope he gets a shot n contributes this POs but if he sits game 1, no biggie here.
I like the kids potential. Hope he steps it up when given a chance but I don't think a timeout out is unwarranted now.
If he plays hope he kills it n forces the coaches hand. Up til now he hasn't done that.

Reactions: Lolonegoal

Habidelidoo

Aug 3, 2005
He needs to succeed at some point, or we're screwed for another 10 years anyway. He better be playing over Eric Staal.

Last edited:

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Kotkienemi is a much more solid player than he was last year. He has improved in all facets and will play better in the playoffs. Obviously it would be nice if he was producing more, but he will he just needs to get his mojo back.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Been a big defender of KK, but he needs to figure this out and get his head back in the game. However, Habs are gonna Habs and haven’t helped him much either. When Suzuki sucked for a month, his line mates were still pretty stable, his role and position stayed the same. Eventually, he figured it out and is playing well again.

KK is bounced like a super ball all over the lineup and is playing like somebody afraid for his job.

Of course, not saying he’s entitled to a top-6 spot, but this team are ****ing idiots if he’s benched for Staal. I get KK has not been good but Staal has been a black hole.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I hope he's not benched for Staal but.....you will find people who will tell you that some players bring you to the playoffs....some others makes you win in the playoffs. Probably what Bergevin expects Anderson to do. And probably what he expects Perry and Staal to do. Would be dumb, especially for Staal, but I would not be surprised at all.

Reactions: dnl4ever

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Of course you dress him. The POs are a way to restart and forget about the regular season.
Eller was struggling during the season right...PO comes and he ends up being our best center next to Rene Bourque.

KK did very well in the POs last summer, he showed then he could raise his intensity. He has about a week off now, they can forget about the season and focus on POs. Get him there. I can't believe this is even a question.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Makes me appreciate Uncle Bob even more. In 2009 when asked why Carey Price played all the games in the playoffs and that Jaroslav Halal. Uncle Bob replied saying that he wanted to give exposure and experience to Price and that he was going to become a great player.

At the time I didn’t agree with the decision, I still believe Jaroslav Halak should have been given an opportunity but at least Gainey had a plan for his best prospect. He knew that his team didn’t stand a chance against Boston and grooming Carey Price to become a thoroughbred was his priority.

This is a lost season, they should be rolling with Kotkaniemi. Why hype up that the future is bright when you don’t even play your best prospect? These young player should be battle tested.

Bob Gainey was sticking to his plan and had a vision for Price. It wasn’t easy at times but he was doing his best to make sure that Price succeeded. Why there’s not that level of commitment from the clown show that’s run by Bergevin who knows.

Last edited:

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Nope, and has done nothing to demonstrate he should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Hopefully, the 7-days off will help recharge the mental & physical batteries, and sitting out game 1 will light a fire under KKs ass & get him to focus on basics.

He can watch and when he gets his chance he better show something. Right now he’s barely a NHL player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad