Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - (On Loan to Liiga)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Byron-Conférencedepresse(20/08/14):Kotkaniemi
«L'une des choses que je vois chez lui, c'est qu'il patine très fort. Sa vitesse s'est améliorée beaucoup. Il joue avec force sur la glace. Il a travaillé fort au gym pendant la quarantaine et ça se voit sur la glace. Il est fort sur les batailles, il frappe les gars. Je pense que ça lui a donné beaucoup de confiance et il joue très très bien jusqu'à maintenant.»

Reactions: Riddum

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Youngest Habs since Henri Richard to score 2 goals in one playoffs game! :yo:

Ranked fourth under 21 all time (tied with Henry Richard) with 4 playoffs goals and thats only game 3 of the first round... :laugh: Thats ridiculous...

1-Claude Lemieux 10 goals
2-Stephane Richer 7 goals
3-Shane Corson 6 goals
4-KK\Henri 4 goals

Jesperi Kotkaniemi est méconnaissable - TVA Sports

Edit: To be fair, they are counting the 4 games of the best of 5 against Pittsburg, still thats still ridiculously impressive...

Last edited:

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
So, how does my comparison with Barkov looks like right now? :D
Barkov is a stud since many years. KK is looking much better since 2 weeks. Lets see what its gonna happen. Barkov is another level right now

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
#Byron-Conférencedepresse(20/08/14):Kotkaniemi
Google translate gave me this.

“One of the things I see about him is that he skates really hard. His speed has improved a lot. He plays hard on the ice. He worked hard at the gym in his forties and it shows on the ice. He's strong on battles, he hits guys. I think it gave him a lot of confidence and he's been playing very, well so far. "

The bolded part made me laugh. :laugh:

Pretty sure it should've translated to "in quarantine."

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Whats so different?
Kotka has a better shot, different vision while both have very good vision Kotka tends to have more creative capabilities, their sizes will be very equal if kotka can match his muscle, but Barkov plays a way more "boring" but safe and effective style and is not really that physical at all (makes up for it in shootouts), Kotka on the other hand likes to mix it up with creativity and hard hits, Kotkas shot is already miles better than Barkov's and he will be way more of a goal scoring powerforward, they are similar and have things in common but still are very different imho.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Google translate gave me this.

“One of the things I see about him is that he skates really hard. His speed has improved a lot. He plays hard on the ice. He worked hard at the gym in his forties and it shows on the ice. He's strong on battles, he hits guys. I think it gave him a lot of confidence and he's been playing very, well so far. "

The bolded part made me laugh. :laugh:

Pretty sure it should've translated to "in quarantine."

Yes because the word quarantine originated during the plague when ships coming to Venice had to isolate 40 days. 40 in French is quarante, hence quarantaine, which also is “forties”.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Kotka has a better shot, different vision while both have very good vision Kotka tends to have more creative capabilities, their sizes will be very equal if kotka can match his muscle, but Barkov plays a way more "boring" but safe and effective style and is not really that physical at all (makes up for it in shootouts), Kotka on the other hand likes to mix it up with creativity and hard hits, Kotkas shot is already miles better than Barkov's and he will be way more of a goal scoring powerforward, they are similar and have things in common but still are very different imho.

Barkov is elegant. Kotkaniemi is chaotic.

Who would you guys compare KK to, former or actual player? Cant find better than Barkov personally...

habstradamus

Jul 1, 2018
Brussels, Belgium
Who would you guys compare KK to, former or actual player? Cant find better than Barkov personally...
Former is easy: He reminds me of Bobby Smith. Bobby was a bit smoother but KK could be as smooth in time. BS was never as rugged as KK is displaying however.
Actual is more difficult: Maybe a younger Perry/Getslaf???

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Ive kept the Getzlaf one for a while now. KK might be a bit more intense in his playstyle though, Getzlaf was really physical but he wouldnt go out of his way to kill a guy. Getzlaf could shoot and had the same playmaking heavy mentality. Lets hope he becomes as good on the cycle and that Timmins finds his Perry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad