Jesperi Kotkaniemi is about to shatter his career high totals in his 5th season.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Your definition of shattered is way different than mine. He is for sure, outside of a major injury, beat his career highs but shatter? His previous points high was 34 and is on pace for 41 so not sure 7 more points is shattering. To be shattering would be him getting 50++ points.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
It just took the Canes some time to undo the Habs "development" work they did with him. There is a reason every high end player they pick fails to live up to the hype.
Sure buttercup, I am not a fan of how the Habs have done their development with some players but not exactly every high end player that has failed so please.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
I like the way he's developing that's for sure. He keeps on putting the work in and gets a little quicker with his decision making and he'll be a heck of a player.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
a 5 pts and 3 pts game and 0 point in the other 4 games
That's KK for you. He's got points in 3 of his last 11 games. In his 5 pt game he had 4/5 on the PP against a team that had clearly given up. I checked and he had a streak of 1 point in 17 games earlier in the season.

He's still young and can certainly develop further, but I don't think the Habs are missing his contributions at all.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He’s skating better. That’s the difference. It’s changed even during this season. Early on he was still falling down every time someone leaned on him. It ain’t perfect now but there’s more strength and balance which really is the key with this guy.

He’s worth the contract right now, which was really the basis of these arguments. If he’s a 40-50 pt guy who wins his draws, plays good defense, can be reasonably physical and has chemistry with his linemates then 4.8 is a good salary and I don’t mind the acquisition at all.

Which takes all the wind out of the sails of the critics imo. I’m sure we’ll still get wind though.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
meHeHEhehe, betcha real proud of that one ain't ya
d2e.gif

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
This thread is stupid. He's not pacing to shatter anything. He's pacing to increase his career high from 34 points to 41 points. He's a 0.5 ppg player. It's not spectacular. It's decent. He is a total package player with good physicality and good defensive positioning makes him a worthy middle 6 center. I'd say this year he is playing like he's worth $4.82M, and last year his worth was more along the line of $2M or $2.5M. He's also the best player on his line right now, which is surprising since he plays right now with Teravainen and Necas. Necas has slumped a bit lately.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Perhaps it's not HIS fault he was drafted 3rd overall? Perhaps that was an underwhelming draft after Dahlin and Schechnikov? Perhaps MON should maybe have drafted Tkachuk or Hughes at #3? Guess who the #3 scoring forward from that draft is? Jesperi Kotkaniemi.
I mean Im happy for Jk beacuse I liked him and hated bergevin and never wanted him gone. This is a bit of a disingenuous take though.

KK 303 GP 124pt
Farabee 237 gp 120pt
Sharangovic 191 gp 101 pts

More likely he's the 5th highest scoring forward in a couple of seasons

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Could he get to 40+ points on the season? Perhaps - with Svechnikov out for the year he'll get a bigger role. More points (in less ice time) than higher-paid Ryan Strome, Mason Marchment, Kevin Labanc, Andrew Mangiapane, Brandon Saad, Ryan Johansen. Credit where credit is due, he's improved in a better system for him than MON. If he can sharpen up his interior passing and puck control a little he'll be just fine on what is quickly becoming and will be for some time a decent contract.
So you're going out of your way to point out a better system and more points, but then use it to downplay Strome because his points aren't what they were in a better NYR system for him? I don't think you needed to add in the knock on the other players who are paid more.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Seems this might be premature...pretty small sample size.

Still far more successful than you’ll ever be but keep it up with your silly names if it somehow makes you feel better :laugh:
Not sure you see the irony of you calling a poster out for name calling then immediately go to the "well he is more successful than you" card. Might as well have said "his dad can beat your dad up".

SMDH

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
This thread is stupid. He's not pacing to shatter anything. He's pacing to increase his career high from 34 points to 41 points.

Yup. He got 34 points in his rookie season playing 4th line minutes on a team that was 14th in the league. Now he's going to end up with 40-43 points playing 3rd/2nd line minutes on a team that is currently 2nd in the league.

Impressive...

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Seems this might be premature...pretty small sample size.

Not sure you see the irony of you calling a poster out for name calling then immediately go to the "well he is more successful than you" card. Might as well have said "his dad can beat your dad up".

SMDH
No irony whatsoever. This is likely a grown man calling a professional athlete (who’s probably younger than him) kaka. That’s just plain stupid.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The relationship between expectation and emotion is interesting.

If he was a Carolina 3OA, this would be disappointing production and he’d be a whipping boy across the fanbase.

As a Montreal whipping boy to this day, acquired for a late 1st and signed for $4.8 mil, it’s promising production.

Reactions: Lolonegoal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad