Jesper Fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I was literally just thinking about starting this thread

He looked really good last night. He's small but he's strong as hell. Handled the Ducks defenders pretty well in the corners.

I think he has some real offensive upside too, once he settles in a bit. Nothing too crazy, but I could see him potting 20 a few times. Although he seems like more of a setup guy, he's got a sneaky shot. Really smart player overall.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I really like Fast as a player.

He's not as physically gifted as Hagelin, but he's a lot smarter than he is.

He has a very underrated stick check, and he's a lot stronger than he looks. He's very efficient in his own zone too, this is supported by the eye test, and his GA/60 (1.73). This is especially impressive because he starts in the d-zone more than any forward not named Dominic Moore (almost 40% of the time).

Just a very solid defensive skillset with some underrated offensive potential. Think he can be a consistent 15-15 guy while playing smart defensive hockey.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Fast is underrated. The team has really settled down defensively since he was inserted into the lineup on a regular basis. Thats not a coincidence.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I ****ing love watching young Swedish players.

They're always so smart in their own end. Fast is no exception to that rule.

When he came in, the fourth line started playing better. That's no coincidence. I'm glad AV is using him with Hags and Hayes, too.

Very balanced lineup right now.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
I was literally just thinking about starting this thread

He looked really good last night. He's small but he's strong as hell. Handled the Ducks defenders pretty well in the corners.

I think he has some real offensive upside too, once he settles in a bit. Nothing too crazy, but I could see him potting 20 a few times. Although he seems like more of a setup guy, he's got a sneaky shot. Really smart player overall.

He's actually quite the scorer. Always been throughout his career.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I ****ing love watching young Swedish players.

They're always so smart in their own end. Fast is no exception to that rule.

When he came in, the fourth line started playing better. That's no coincidence. I'm glad AV is using him with Hags and Hayes, too.

Very balanced lineup right now.

I wonder if having Miller on the 3rd and Fast on the 4th wouldn't be a good idea. Then again, our 4th line this way has a lot of offensive upside.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I wonder if having Miller on the 3rd and Fast on the 4th wouldn't be a good idea. Then again, our 4th line this way has a lot of offensive upside.

There's no line right now that is devoid of offensive talent.

I actually like where Fast and Miller are right now. Miller has been thriving with Stempniak and D. Moore, and Fast has found a niche with Hagelin and Hayes. Those two lines are possession monsters and are always threats to score. I think they're fine where they are.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Fast has been exceptional. He has solidified our defensive game on the bottom lines. A big part of the turn around from the beginning of the season when we couldn't get out of our own way in the defensive end.

I thought he quietly had another great game last night against the Ducks. He helps make us that much deeper and tougher to play against. Not only do teams have to worry about spending time playing defense against the Nash and MSL line, but when they think they can finally start gaining momentum in their offensive game they are faced with Hayes/Fast/Hagelin/Moore/Miller/Stempniak. Just a solid all around group.

Also noticed, Fast has been throwing around his weight since he replaced Glass. I'm not sure if they score keepers gave him credit last night but I saw at least 2-3 hits by him.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Fast is a mini-lesson in how to evaluate prospects when they break into the NHL. In the AHL, he was a hard worker, tough in the corners, went to the net and played aggressively. His first two dozen games in the NHL, he was passive and playing on the perimeter more often than not. That's not concerning. It's tough for young guys to come up and play their games straight away. If you see a guy playing his game but struggling to succeed, that's more concerning. A guy who hasn't settled down to play his game, that's just youth.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
i like miller and fast where they are. Fast is playing with a more offensive gifted players to develop a little more offense while keeping his D as it was. Miller is doing the opposite playing with Moore and learning more defensive responsibility while driving the offense on that line. Perfect way to help these youngins at this stage in their careers. in the future Miller will absolutely surpass Fast but right now leave as is.

NYRangerFan*

Hopefully they help us in the playoffs like Pearson and Toffoli helped LA last year

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Fast's strength and speed have improved and I like what I see on defense. He's definitely going to improve a little as well, but he's a perfect fit on that line right now.

Let the kids play and contribute.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Anybody else hear the stat that Duclair was the first Rangers prospect to score 4 goals in a WJC since two current Rangers Kredier and FAST, both scored four in 2011. That was surprising to learn, but not shocking, and it speaks to Fast's skills I think. Quiet, efficient, and knows where to go to put it in.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Anybody else hear the stat that Duclair was the first Rangers prospect to score 4 goals in a WJC since two current Rangers Kredier and FAST, both scored four in 2011. That was surprising to learn, but not shocking, and it speaks to Fast's skills I think. Quiet, efficient, and knows where to go to put it in.

Sounds like my dating life.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey

IIRC, he also had as many goals as Duclair in preseason, not that I think he has more offensive potential than Duclair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad