Jesper Bratt, 18 points in 8 games

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
ill admit i never expected this level of production from him

if he can keep this up NJ may have two of, if not the, best contracts in hockey!

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
If you're only poking, its okay. Batherson is as good of a player as Bratt, 8 games doesn't change that.
It’s not just 8 games. It’s the past 2 seasons too. I don’t even think there is an argument here. Bratt is just better.

it’s like comparing Stützle to Hughes. It’s not fair to Stutzle, Hughes is just better.

Reactions: dirtydanglez

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
If you're only poking, its okay. Batherson is as good of a player as Bratt, 8 games doesn't change that.
I mean this is just objectively, factually incorrect. Bratt has more points (164) since the start of 2021-22 (167 games) than Batherson has in his whole career (163 points in 236 games).

Reactions: My3Sons

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Devils power play a crisp 44% haha. Bratt's got 13 points on the PP.

Obviously can't keep that up, but it looks like the Devils have one of the best PP's in the League this year, so avoiding big point droughts shouldn't be too hard. Should have a career year.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
I mean this is just objectively, factually incorrect. Bratt has more points (164) since the start of 2021-22 (167 games) than Batherson has in his whole career (163 points in 236 games).

Nah.
Batherson is at 0.82PPG over the past two seasons, Bratt is at 0.92PPG
If you factor that New Jersey was a better team than Ottawa over those seasons ON TOP of the fact Bratt plays with Hughes while Batherson was playing with Pinto and coming off a brutal injury, anyone impartial can see that they are similar players in terms of production and talent.

Reactions: Voight

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Devils power play a crisp 44% haha. Bratt's got 13 points on the PP.

Obviously can't keep that up, but it looks like the Devils have one of the best PP's in the League this year, so avoiding big point droughts shouldn't be too hard. Should have a career year.

Yup and the thing about Bratt unlike some of the annual PP superstar scoring heroes is that he’s been an exceptional possession driving winger at even strength his entire career. So while his counting stats may be inline for a big bump, it won’t be that his play is any kind of mirage. He is such a skilled and silky playmaker in 5v5 play.

I was very disappointed by him last year in the playoffs though. That will be where he can cement himself as one of the best wingers in the league but he will have to do better than last year.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Yup and the thing about Bratt unlike some of the annual PP superstar scoring heroes is that he’s been an exceptional possession driving winger at even strength his entire career. So while his counting stats may be inline for a big bump, it won’t be that his play is any kind of mirage. He is such a skilled and silky playmaker in 5v5 play.

I was very disappointed by him last year in the playoffs though. That will be where he can cement himself as one of the best wingers in the league but he will have to do better than last year.
Leaving the points out of it, Bratt looks a level above even what he was last season. The whole team has been lagging 5v5, which was their bread and butter last season, so I'm not particularly worried about that part of it. The lines have been a bit wonky too incorporating Meier and Toffoli, and now Hischier being hurt.

I'm at least comforted by the fact that Sens fans aren't comparing him to Connor Brown anymore.

Reactions: BKarchitect

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Nah.
Batherson is at 0.82PPG over the past two seasons, Bratt is at 0.92PPG
If you factor that New Jersey was a better team than Ottawa over those seasons ON TOP of the fact Bratt plays with Hughes while Batherson was playing with Pinto and coming off a brutal injury, anyone impartial can see that they are similar players in terms of production and talent.
Very funny how Ottawa fans have spent the past 3 years claiming they have an equal or better young core than NJ, yet when NJ players consistently outscore OTT players it's because "New Jersey has a better team" despite all of our players being inferior to all of your players. Crazy how that works.

Don't worry, I'm sure you guys will take three really good players with your next three first round picks. Peter Chiarelli will certainly use them wisely.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010

Batherson was arguably better in 2021-22, but Bratt has been better since then, and by a decent margin. Neither are great defensively but Batherson was downright awful in that aspect last year, and he is now (this year) getting obliterated by Bratt in offensive catagories.

A "who's better" poll would likely get closed due to a lopsided result in Bratt's favor at this point, and it woulcn't be entirely because of an 8-game sample size.

Very funny how Ottawa fans have spent the past 3 years claiming they have an equal or better young core than NJ, yet when NJ players consistently outscore OTT players it's because "New Jersey has a better team" despite all of our players being inferior to all of your players. Crazy how that works.

Don't worry, I'm sure you guys will take three really good players with your next three first round picks. Peter Chiarelli will certainly use them wisely.

I really don't think many Ottawa fans ever claimed anything of the sort.

RANDOMH3RO

Jan 19, 2007
Bratt can have cold streaks, but he’s definitely looking better than ever this year. His skating is so strong, he can keep up with anyone. He’s been great on the pk as well, just by being able to cover so much space quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad