Jerseys

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
Which Kraken player will have the staying power and best chance to be a star? Thinking jersey wise. Don’t want to get a jersey of a guy that is here one year and gone the next. I’m an NHL a newbie so I would Appreciate opinions of those that know the talent level of players.
Also in jersey sizing how do they run.
In NFL a jerseys I wear a XL (Nike) and (L) in the old Reebok ones.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Which Kraken player will have the staying power and best chance to be a star? Thinking jersey wise. Don’t want to get a jersey of a guy that is here one year and gone the next. I’m an NHL a newbie so I would Appreciate opinions of those that know the talent level of players.
Also in jersey sizing how do they run.
In NFL a jerseys I wear a XL (Nike) and (L) in the old Reebok ones.
I am looking to get a Schwartz jersey because of the staying power reason. I was thinking of either Schwartz or Tanev but Schwartz has more 'star' power. Some other options could be Wennberg or Gourde at F OR Oleksiak or Larsson at D.

As far as sizes go, for me, both the football and hockey jerseys fit similar. L for a loose fit or M for a tighter fit.

Reactions: larueskee

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I haven’t seen anything about the replica jerseys, like the breakaway ones. I don’t really have a desire to get the authentic. Has anybody seen anything about anything aside from Authentics?

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
The best bet for a jersey in my honest opinion would be Yanni Gourde or Phillip Grubauer.

But I expect Appleton to turn into a star.

Yeah, I think Grubauer should be a good bet thanks to his contract and what the team envisions with him.
Gourde as well, especially since he's one of the few established centers on the team.

Though, I'll be waiting over here in Germany and buy a jersey without a name, unless they offer one with Grubi's name on the back.

@The Marquis
I'm pretty sure there'll be breakaway ones(by Fanatics) but they might take some time.
The jerseys will be officially released on September 15th and I haven't really seen anything on NHL Shop or elsewhere(besides to ones people got for joining that Kraken club) so far.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I’d just get one without a number and wait to see which one Beniers takes when he arrives near the end of the season.

wears 10 at Michigan but never know if the kraken make a trade and someone else takes it before he arrives.

Reactions: Gniwder

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Leaning to Beniers, too. Has a third jersey design been released? Just curious to see what that would look like.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Leaning to Beniers, too. Has a third jersey design been released? Just curious to see what that would look like.

There's no third jersey design.
Vegas also started out with just two and added a third one this past season, which was their fourth of existence.

Reactions: kihei

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I’d just get one without a number and wait to see which one Beniers takes when he arrives near the end of the season.

wears 10 at Michigan but never know if the kraken make a trade and someone else takes it before he arrives.
On a team with no superstars, the best option is to wait.

I prefer not to have a name and number on my jerseys, I'm a fan of the team, not a single player.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I prefer to go with a player that either has a long LONG track record of being a good human being, regardless of their tenure on a team, or none at all. The last thing you want is to drop a couple hundred bucks on the next DeAngelo, Aliu, or Mailloux before they get found out.

In that case, If I'm getting a name, which I'm probably not for the above reason that I realize is unreasonably cautious, I'd definitely go with somebody like Giordano, just simply because of the decreased likelihood he gets drunk and does something stupid as he's had much longer to have done so and hasn't.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I prefer to go with a player that either has a long LONG track record of being a good human being, regardless of their tenure on a team, or none at all. The last thing you want is to drop a couple hundred bucks on the next DeAngelo, Aliu, or Mailloux before they get found out.

In that case, If I'm getting a name, which I'm probably not for the above reason that I realize is unreasonably cautious, I'd definitely go with somebody like Giordano, just simply because of the decreased likelihood he gets drunk and does something stupid as he's had much longer to have done so and hasn't.
Gio is unlikely to be around post TDL. If you are going to put a number on, would it not make more sense to get one of someone who will be around for a few years?

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Oleksiak and Larsson got long deals on D and chose to come here/were targeted as UFA rather than simply available in the ED. Ditto Wennberg and Schwartz at F and Grubauer. Those would be my choices if you want at least a few years of guaranteed stability.

Reactions: Gyfu and Puckrobber

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Gio is unlikely to be around post TDL. If you are going to put a number on, would it not make more sense to get one of someone who will be around for a few years?

I’m definitely going blank. I was just pointing out the guy with little “uh oh” risk, that that I actually believe any of them are going to disappoint us on a personal level. If I got one with a name, I’d go with one of Eberle, Tanev, McCann or Schwartz I think.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Got mine ordered up on the NHL shop. Pretty stoked about it. Can't say I've ever been more excited about a jersey.
I am going this Saturday evening. There was some 'The Depths' promotion where I can go Saturday evening and that works for me because going during weekdays would be hard considering where I live. Hope is that there are still Jerseys available .. :D

The main reason I am not ordering a jersey online is because I hope to get one before the Oilers pre-season game and the online order would not get here before then. But in case I don't get one in store on Saturday, I am going to order one online.

finnishflash13

Oct 28, 2020
I'm sure most of you know this, as least those in Seattle, but the Iceplex team store has an online webstore that is selling the jerseys with the patch and, if you want, players too. I ordered home and away Dunn jerseys from there last night.

Reactions: larueskee

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Do you know anyone in the US or even better around Seattle who could purchase the jersey and ship it to you? May be a better option.

Not really.

Though, I got one of those fanatics given that the NHL Shop International had 15% off and it was only 84,50 € for a home shirt of Grubauer.

I'm now waiting for it to arrive sometime between tomorrow and Christmas. :joker:

As for the Adidas ones:
I'll just wait until one of the shops in Germany has one to purchase one without a name on it.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I am going this Saturday evening. There was some 'The Depths' promotion where I can go Saturday evening and that works for me because going during weekdays would be hard considering where I live. Hope is that there are still Jerseys available .. :D

The main reason I am not ordering a jersey online is because I hope to get one before the Oilers pre-season game and the online order would not get here before then. But in case I don't get one in store on Saturday, I am going to order one online.

Let me know what the jersey situation looks like this weekend. I'm out by Spokane but I'll be in Seattle next weekend for a concert. I'm leaning the same way as you; if I can grab one in person, I'd prefer that, but if stock is low/sizes are limited, I may just order online.

Trying to decide between Grubauer and Oleksiak.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Let me know what the jersey situation looks like this weekend. I'm out by Spokane but I'll be in Seattle next weekend for a concert. I'm leaning the same way as you; if I can grab one in person, I'd prefer that, but if stock is low/sizes are limited, I may just order online.

Trying to decide between Grubauer and Oleksiak.
Will do.

Reactions: LokiDog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad