Jersey Signing @ Oilers Game?

OilNation

Aug 26, 2014
Hey Everyone,

Sorry about making a separate thread for this but I figured one of you may have or know of someone getting their jersey signed at an Oiler game.

I plan on taking my sister to an upcoming Oiler game for her birthday as she has not been for many years. Her favourite player is Jordan Eberle and a few years back we got her a jersey. For years she wanted to get her jersey signed by him, but have never been to many games or signing events.

Now for my question, what are my best options for trying to go with her and get Eberle to sign her jersey at the Oiler game?

My thinking the best opportunity would be before/after the pregame skate before they walk down the tunnel.

Has anyone done this with success or having any other ideas?

(I know Eberles future is uncertain with the Oilers, but she would absolutely love to get her jersey signed in person from him)

Thanks in advanced.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
If you can get into the building for morning skate, that would probably be the best option. I don't believe that their morning skate is open to the public though. Maybe someone else knows more about that.

alexo

Jul 24, 2007
www.puttingonthefoil.com
Hang out at bars where young hussies tend to frequent.

Seriously though, the signing event that happens yearly is the easiest way, but since that's a ways off til the next one of those, you might be able to catch him after a practice leaving Rexall? Just a wild guess.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I had access to the morning skate with the game ticket in pre-season in Saskatoon. Perhaps they do this at Rexall? Seen many people getting stuff signed there.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
you can catch players coming out of the parking lot in the mornings

OilNation

Aug 26, 2014
you can catch players coming out of the parking lot in the mornings

I guess I could always skip my morning lecture and camp out front of the lot, never thought about that even though its a bit odd:laugh:

What time do the morning skates start/finish? Does the security care if you wait out front? haha

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005
I guess I could always skip my morning lecture and camp out front of the lot, never thought about that even though its a bit odd:laugh:

What time do the morning skates start/finish? Does the security care if you wait out front? haha

lol i dont even know i just know its what the groupies do in washington lol

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
If you can get into the building for morning skate, that would probably be the best option. I don't believe that their morning skate is open to the public though. Maybe someone else knows more about that.

It is not, I got to go to one this last month and you have to clear though security down underneath the rink.

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005
greasy palms my man, slide in with a $20 or 2 and im sure someone can get you in. look for the least nerdy looking guard.

slippin gates 101

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'd consider contacting the Oilers directly and explaining what you're looking for and seeing if they can help out. They might not be able to, but it's always worth asking.

Speedo

Mar 14, 2005
Hall signed a few jerseys and a couple hats + for the kids after pre-game warm up at a game in Dallas I attended in January. There was a cop standing next to him like the Secret Service but the kids were thrilled. Long way to go for an auto though.....

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
If you can get a spot next to the entrance that the players come out of for the pregame skate that to me is your best bet. Then again its usually surrounded by kids trying to do the same thing you're doing.

Otherwise you can wait for hours outside for the players to leave the parking lot or catch them at a signing event at a store or something. I thought United Cycle used to do stuff like that.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
How does one go about getting into one, obviously they are not for the public so its about knowing someone I assume?

The Oilers partnered up with Everfi to produce a STEM (Science, technology, engineering, mathematics) educational program for students in Northern Alberta and Saskatchewan. One of my classes used the program and the teachers were invited out to watch a pregame skate. Some of the Predators were clearing security as we went through, but I don't know their faces well enough to recognize who they were.

OilNation

Aug 26, 2014
The Oilers partnered up with Everfi to produce a STEM (Science, technology, engineering, mathematics) educational program for students in Northern Alberta and Saskatchewan. One of my classes used the program and the teachers were invited out to watch a pregame skate. Some of the Predators were clearing security as we went through, but I don't know their faces well enough to recognize who they were.

Ok thanks for the insight.

I am still asking around, trying to find anyone who knows a possible way in/invite to a morning skate, but my options are fairly limited.

Hopefully its a nice day, then maybe i'll skip out on class and head to Rexall early with my sister either trying to ask my way in...(long shot) or staking out the parking lot:sarcasm: haha

Does anyone know when they usually hold their morning skates? (start/end times)

Thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad