Speculation: Jersey Numbers for the new guys?

Leafs99

Jan 15, 2007
It's become painfully clear over the years that management has little regard for the numbers worn by great players. That horse bolted long ago, and is not coming back. It's been the one consistent hallmark of our ownership regimes of the last fifty years. I don't trust them to sit the right way on a toilet seat, never mind being trusted with any kind of respect for history.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
wilfpaiement.jpg

Good ol Wilf.

Other than the retired numbers it should be open season for all.

Kadri 91
Kontiola 27 I thought he wore it we'll in his highlight clips. At least he has decent hands..

Northern Dancer

The future ain't what it used to be.
Mar 2, 2002
5 K from the ACC
It's become painfully clear over the years that management has little regard for the numbers worn by great players. That horse bolted long ago, and is not coming back. It's been the one consistent hallmark of our ownership regimes of the last fifty years. I don't trust them to sit the right way on a toilet seat, never mind being trusted with any kind of respect for history.

The right way on a toilet seat? Funny stuff.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
8 for Booth
14 for Winnik
25 for Santorelli
33 for Robidas
46 for Polak
47 for Komarov

Unsure if the Leafs would dare give 14 to Winnik (no one's worn it since Stajan, and it seems like Keon's mellowed since, perhaps because of it), but that's the most likely number he gets, IMO...Unless he gets Reimer to give up his 34, in which case I'm at a total loss of what number Reimer would take.

I don't think Booth will want to deal with Gary Roberts for #7. :sarcasm: :laugh:

Also an interesting note that, for the 40s, only 41, 48 and 49 will be regularly unused this season if those numbers are taken (add Bodie's 40, Bozak's 42, Kadri's 43, Rielly's 44 and Bernier's 45).

ETA: Reimer apparently wore 31 through Junior and with the Marlies. Could happen. :nod:

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
I'm hoping Booth takes 7. Roberts was 10 years ago. I loved him, great player but not that significant to disallow the use of a number. I feel as though we read too much into this.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
According to my "source", we'll see which ones are right.

David Booth - 16
Leo Komarov - 47
Petri Kontiola - 77
Roman Polak - 46
Stephane Robidas - 33
Mike Santorelli - 10
Daniel Winnik - 7

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
According to my "source", we'll see which ones are right.

David Booth - 16
Leo Komarov - 47
Petri Kontiola - 77
Roman Polak - 46
Stephane Robidas - 33
Mike Santorelli - 10
Daniel Winnik - 7

That's off the wall, but I like it.

The lone minor question is what # does Broll switch to?

APV

Sep 28, 2009
they should/should have done a press conference introducing all of these new faces at once which would obviously include jersey numbers etc.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
they should/should have done a press conference introducing all of these new faces at once which would obviously include jersey numbers etc.

These aren't the level of player additions that you hold a PC over, and that might still happen as camp opens in September and they introduce the new players.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00