Jersey Customization question

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Just a couple of questions, if somebody who knows can help me.

What is the difference between a customized jersey bought through the Isles online shop as opposed to the team store in the coliseum? Is one better quality/different than the other?

The reason I ask is I was quoted different prices for what I thought was the same item. On the website a customized white jersey costs 185, if purchased through the team store I was told it is 140 for the jersey and an additional 75 for the customization.

I was also told that the customization can be done on the spot in the store in 15 minutes. Is this the same type of customization as the online shop? I dont want the customization that looks like flat plastic letters/numbers ironed on to the jersey. I want the kind that looks like the rectangular plate of fabric with the name that is sewn on to the back.

Any help is much appreciated.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Just a couple of questions, if somebody who knows can help me.

What is the difference between a customized jersey bought through the Isles online shop as opposed to the team store in the coliseum? Is one better quality/different than the other?

The reason I ask is I was quoted different prices for what I thought was the same item. On the website a customized white jersey costs 185, if purchased through the team store I was told it is 140 for the jersey and an additional 75 for the customization.

I was also told that the customization can be done on the spot in the store in 15 minutes. Is this the same type of customization as the online shop? I dont want the customization that looks like flat plastic letters/numbers ironed on to the jersey. I want the kind that looks like the rectangular plate of fabric with the name that is sewn on to the back.

Any help is much appreciated.

If you order through the NHL.com or isles online store, it will be the iron on stuff. If you want the more authentic look, then go to the website that the user above me posted which is www.sportsk.com
I've gotten jerseys from there myself and the quality is very good. If you're like me and you buy the Reebok Premiere (replica) jerseys, it makes them look way more authentic like the Edge jerseys because the lettering and #s are stitched on as opposed to heat pressed on. Why would I pay $300 for a jersey when I can pay $160? And (this is to be clear that I'm not advocating buying cheap knockoffs) they're not "boot leg" jerseys like a lot of say the NFL jerseys you find on ebay or something like that. They're actual Reebok Jerseys, they're just the Premiere jerseys as opposed to the Edge. Honestly, the untrained eye can't tell the difference. It used to be easier when the Premiere jerseys had the Reebok logo as opposed to saying "Reebok" over the name plate, but I think they do it differently now. Plus on the Edge jerseys, the fabric looks different and a little more "shiny"....and I believe there is a fight strap on the Edge Jerseys (could be wrong about that)
As far as the team store in concerned, years ago (when the league still used CCM and Koho jerseys), the team store at the Broadway Mall did actually stitch the names and #'s on. Not sure if they still do it though, as this was back in 2003 or 2004

Anyway, you're best bet is to go to www.sportsk.com or really just find any jersey customization site that offers stitched on names and letter, but go with the link provided. You will be happy with your purchase

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad