Jersey changes for 2011-2012?

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...s-could-see-jersey-changes-in-2011-12-season/

11 to 13 teams could be changing their jerseys next season.

Including changing/eliminating their third jersey.

IMHO, primary reason teams make change: money grab.

Yea, that's pretty much it.

Don't know if too many Toronto fans will be keen on the proposed "Pal Hal" era 3rd jersey, if it comes up. :laugh: Course, that could mean I could get a era appropriate Mike Palmateer jersey....Hmmmm ;)

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Don't know if too many Toronto fans will be keen on the proposed "Pal Hal" era 3rd jersey, if it comes up. :laugh: Course, that could mean I could get a era appropriate Mike Palmateer jersey....Hmmmm ;)

Some really like it; guess it brings some nostalgic feelings.

Personally, as someone who is not old enough to remember those jerseys, I want nothing to do with them. Our current thirds, the "Smythe Era" ones, are one of the nicest in the league IMO.

No reason to make a change, but then, maybe these new jerseys are fitting. In terms of performance on the ice, MLSE has proven they are just as incompetent and useless as Ballard was.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Our current thirds, the "Smythe Era" ones, are one of the nicest in the league IMO. No reason to make a change, but then, maybe these new jerseys are fitting. In terms of performance on the ice, MLSE has proven they are just as incompetent and useless as Ballard was.

And not nearly as entertaining. :)....... Why would the Leafs alter their jerseys' yet again after just doing so this past summer?........ Esthetically, their are a number of really lousy logo's & uniforms out their, some that are fabulous. Frankly in some cases, I think clubs deliberately mess up their designs (hello Vancouver) in order to change up every 4-5 years & print money. Obvious & annoying.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
IMHO, primary reason teams make change: money grab.

A money grab is when you have no choice to pay it out - like installing more red light cameras. You don't have to buy a new jersey.

Sounds like smart marketing to me.

Some teams prefer tradition over a new look, and there's nothing wrong with that either. IMO, it's part of what makes teams different from each other, a GOOD thing.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
A money grab is when you have no choice to pay it out - like installing more red light cameras. You don't have to buy a new jersey.

Sounds like smart marketing to me.

Some teams prefer tradition over a new look, and there's nothing wrong with that either. IMO, it's part of what makes teams different from each other, a GOOD thing.

You don't have to speed or run a red light either....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad