Jersey Ads

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I don’t think casual fans care. I’ve never heard a casual fan bring ads up.

I just think hockey fans look for reasons to complain about the league.
There's a reason casual fans are considered casual -- they generally care less about hockey and only show interest if their team is in a championship or if they score free tickets to a game with good seats.

Of course these type of "fans" don't bring up ads. They don't have a reference point or knew NHL hockey when it was a far better experience. They also don't obsess over the game and pay attention to all aspects. The NHL is nothing more than a quick, temporary distraction for them, once a week, if that.

These aren't the people the NHL, or any league, should be catering to. The hockey fans who love the game, watch on TV and attend in person, buy the merch, and live and die with their teams are the type of fans the NHL should be catering to -- no different that any other business -- you always cater to your most loyal customers.

The NHLs alienation of the diehard fan doesn't even make sense from a true branding standpoint, which is why the league has been aggressively seeding narratives since the lockout in 2004. The reality is the NHL bit off more than they could chew and now they're desperately trying to drain every possible penny out of advertisers and fans. More than any other pro sports league, the NHL needs to reset the landscape at multiple levels.

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
zx6DQnt.jpg

Hollel

Jun 15, 2019
Hate seeing this thread get bumped but that's actually one of the better-looking ones
Even is almost like a subtle Flying V reference

The A to the side looks bad though
If this is one of the better looking ones then burn them all now

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
At some point I just expect a massive ad like soccer kits, and the team logo is just a crest. That's what will happen, because we still have to pay escrow in 6 years time.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Any ad patch that displaces a normal element of the jersey - captain letter, commemorative patch, whatever - shows exactly what the people responsible think of their audience.

joelef

Nov 22, 2011
At some point I just expect a massive ad like soccer kits, and the team logo is just a crest. That's what will happen, because we still have to pay escrow in 6 years time.
And when the fana
You won’t have to worry that with there fanatics deal because everything o the jerseys will fall off anyways.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Team jackets just dropped

s-l1200.webp
This post brought you by Lay's chip. Have a chip on your shoulder about the advertisements ? Then you need to get Lay's!

This comment is sponsored by Bet99. Did you expect a terrible comment ? Do you think people will like, laugh react, or ignore ? Do you think Tarheel will respond, or react ? Place your bet now ! The odds are appearing on your screen right.... now.

Disclaimer: Bet99 doesn't have a section to bet on this. Whatever money you bet will just be kept and spent trying to get those wax candies from the 90s that had liquid in them, but because you're dumb like everyone else you chewed on the wax afterwards, or that was just me because I couldn't afford the waxy drink and gum.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Unless you have a link that states otherwise, as far as I know the players have zero control over advertising and have no say in where ads are placed.
No they get 50% of the ad revenue though. So if they have issue, they should state them.

Not to mention this is supposed to be about a Stanley Cup Final patch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad