Celebrity Death: Jerry Stiller, 92

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
for the last 30 years he played the same character but it was a great character

Was amazed to hear that he was in only 26 Seinfeld episodes (out of I think 172 total) - always felt like he was in at least half of them.

But pretty impressive he did the same role in KOQ and nobody complained.

Also :facepalm: but I never really took in that he was Ben's father :laugh: :dunno:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Was amazed to hear that he was in only 26 Seinfeld episodes (out of I think 172 total) - always felt like he was in at least half of them.

But pretty impressive he did the same role in KOQ and nobody complained.

Also :facepalm: but I never really took in that he was Ben's father :laugh: :dunno:

Yep--that says a lot about how good he was.

THere are great youtube videos of Jerry and his wife back from the 50's and 60's--very funny

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Such a favorite of mine on Seinfeld and King of Queens. What a hilarious character he was on those shows.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Stiller and Meara were often on the Ed Sullivan Show (the gold standard of entertainment shows back in the day).

61 year marriage to Anne till she passed a few years ago.

Sad to hear.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Seems to be unpopular opinion that Arthur on KOQ was much funnier than Frank on Seinfeld, eh? I didn't mind Frank at all, but Arthur was so oblivious to (everything).

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Wow, 92. Thought he was much younger.

Legendary comedic actor. This guy was so funny. RIP.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Incredibly funny, he was the best side character on Seinfeld and the funniest part of King of Queens. He was also a guy who looked old even when he was young (like Walter Matthau), yet I was still somehow surprised he was 92. I mean, his first appearance of Seinfeld was 27 years ago....

member 51464

Looking it up earlier, I was shocked King of Queens had more episodes than Seinfeld!

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Seems to be unpopular opinion that Arthur on KOQ was much funnier than Frank on Seinfeld, eh? I didn't mind Frank at all, but Arthur was so oblivious to (everything).

Had a bigger role so thats probably why. Even though it felt like he was in a lot of Seinfeld episodes, he was in less than 20%.

I dont recall off hand but he was in most of the KOQ episodes.

Reactions: mattihp

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Had a bigger role so thats probably why. Even though it felt like he was in a lot of Seinfeld episodes, he was in less than 20%.

I dont recall off hand but he was in most of the KOQ episodes.

True and true. It may be because I got into KOQ before Seinfeld (parish the thought, I know). Either way I always found Arthur much more endearing despite being an asshole :lol:

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad