Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Corey Graves was really the second thing I thought of

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Unfortunate Situation.

Corey Graves and Mauro Ranallo will be gold though.

Is there a reason WWE went to 3 man commentary teams?

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
KMGJBnt.gif

You guys are gonna get Booker T back on Smackdown and like it! :sarcasm:
awww shucky ducky QUACK QUACK

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
This is what they're saying happened:

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - Wrestling legend Jerry "The King" Lawler is behind bars, accused of domestic assault.

Friday morning, Memphis Police Department put him and his fiancée in jail.

Lawler spoke to WMC Action News 5 from the jailhouse via telephone. Click here to listen to that conversation.

It's a case of he said, she said where both Lawler and his fiancée, Lauryn McBride, ended up as victim and suspect.

McBride, 27, has lived with Lawler, 66, for five years. She said they both got into an argument, and it turned violent.

She said Lawler held her against the kitchen counter, hit her in the head, pushed her against the stove, put a gun on the kitchen counter, and told her to "go ahead and kill yourself."

Lawler said he came back from a wrestling event ironically labeled, "A Night in the Slammer" to find his fiancée drunk following a party where she and her friends watched Game 6 of the NBA Finals.

"When she drinks we get into a little bit of a shouting match and then she wants to leave," Lawler said over the phone from the jailhouse. "I was not going to let her leave in the car, because she was not in any condition to drive. She got more and more upset."

Lawler told police McBride scratched him in the face, threw a candle at him, and kicked him in the groin. He said she was drunk when she told him she knew where the gun was and threatened to kill herself.

On the phone, Lawler was more reserved about what happened.

"It's just an unfortunate situation. Nobody was hit and nobody was hurt. It's just something that happened as a result of drinking too much," Lawler said.

Memphis police officers said they were unable to determine if Lawler or McBride was the primary aggressor in the case, so they arrested both McBride and Lawler.

WWE released a statement on its website saying, "WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, and per our policy, Jerry Lawler has been suspended indefinitely following his arrest."

"It's an unfortunate situation as a result of someone drinking too much. I'm saddened by it and hope we can get past this," Lawler said when asked to give a message to his fans learning about the arrests.

Eskie Jetski

Jun 25, 2004
"WWE released a statement on its website saying, "WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, and per our policy, Jerry Lawler has been suspended indefinitely following his arrest."

"Now don't forget to tune in to Stone Cold Steve Austin's Podcast following tonight's RAW!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad