Player Discussion Jeremy Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmk

Sep 5, 2014
If you haven't checked out his stats over the past two months in Providence yet, you should:

1.27 GAA with a .960 SV % in February and March combined.

Maybe we should give him a shot against Buffalo. I really don't have a lot of faith in Svedberg right now and maybe Smith can turn into the reliable backup we've been missing this year and allow Rask to get a little rest down the stretch.

Last edited by a moderator:

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Why hasn't he ever been given any games at the NHL level? His stats look solid.

Burt Reynolds

Feb 21, 2010
Mansfield, MA

I honestly thought he was gonna get the backup gig this year. That is until the Monster was signed. Solid stats for sure. Not sure if he's anything better than a good AHL goalie though. Only one way to find that out I guess. It'd take another injury/scare from Gus to find out, and I like Gus so we obviously aren't rooting for that. Just a wait and see approach I guess.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa

I can't even begin to guess why he wasn't given a shot last year, he was playing better than Subban all year and we had zero faith in Svedberg. He didn't even look bad in training camp, I think the Monster just has experience in the NHL where Smith does not.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
If you haven't checked out his stats over the past two months in Providence yet, you should:

1.27 GAA with a .960 SV % in February and March combined.

Maybe we should give him a shot against Buffalo. I really don't have a lot of faith in Svedberg right now and maybe Smith can turn into the reliable backup we've been missing this year and allow Rask to get a little rest down the stretch.

Hasn't been in Providence. Loner to another AHL team. In Providence due to Subban getting hurt.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I still think Smith is worth a look as a backup, but I'm guessing some other team will take that plunge and sign him in the off season. Played really well on a horrible Iowa club. Probably one of the only things that kept them competitive most nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad