Jeremy Morin from the Hawks intriguing player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Since we're down a winger, we're in a decent situation to pick up a guy like that. Although personally, I'm as happy to see Andrighetto getting a chance instead.

Well put, about Andrighetto. We have someone who is deserving of an opportunity as it is. Don't know if the Colorado rumors from last year held any water, but as I recall, there were reports about how Roy wanted him. Andrighetto is costing us nothing, but he could very well be the piece we've been looking for.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I'm sure Mb knows Morin well...so if he thinks he can be a top 9 player and the price makes sense, he'll pull the trigger. With Bourque and Moen gone there s room up front to add a body.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
the title of this thread sounds like a cheesy B movie.

Jeremy Morin is an Intriguing Man, starring Ethan Hawk as Jeremy Morin and Meagan Fox as his love interest, Pamela Slyy. DVD's coming out in December.

Are you ready?

One man. One decision. One desire ...

Jeremy Morin. This summer ...

He knew ... too much.

He went ... too far.

In the city, you must fight to survive.

He was paid ... too much. And the mob wanted in.

He had one chance and his chance was to fight back.

Double the action!

Triple the excitement!

Arnold Schwarzenegger: "You have to get outta here! They're trying to kill you! Get out! Get out! Get out! Arrghhh!!! Oarghhhhhh!!!"

More excitement ...

Arnold Schwarzenegger: "Get out again!! Get out!"

They ... didn't know who he was ...

Jeremy Morin: "Listen to me, Pamela -- we have to get outta here!"

(Gunshots, explosions, slo-mo of Jeremy Morin and Pamela getting out)

One man. One solution.

Jeremy Morin, this summer is ... INTRIGUING MAN.

Also featuring Ethan Hawke as his sports agent. And Meagan Fox, his fatal lover.

This summer ...

Lifted from:

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Are you ready?

One man. One decision. One desire ...

Jeremy Morin. This summer ...

He knew ... too much.

He went ... too far.

In the city, you must fight to survive.

He was paid ... too much. And the mob wanted in.

He had one chance and his chance was to fight back.

Double the action!

Triple the excitement!

Arnold Schwarzenegger: "You have to get outta here! They're trying to kill you! Get out! Get out! Get out! Arrghhh!!! Oarghhhhhh!!!"

More excitement ...

Arnold Schwarzenegger: "Get down again!! Get down!"

They ... didn't know who he was ...

Jeremy Morin: "Listen to me, Pamela -- we have to get outta here!"

(Gunshots, explosions, slo-mo of Jeremy Morin and Pamela getting out ...)

One man. One solution.

Jeremy Morin, this summer is ... INTRIGUING MAN.

Also featuring Ethan Hawke as his sports agent. And Meagan Fox, his fatal lover.

This summer ...

Lifted from:

Hahaha. Well played, good sir, well played... :handclap:

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Nah, he requested a trade and the Hawks fans on the Hawks boards were expecting a 2nd/3rd
I guess I could see a 3rd if I had a pro scout on my staff pushing hard and a weak lineup with nobody else pushing for his spot. But from the Habs perspective, I wouldn't give that. Maybe a 7th, preferably just some other prospect I don't think will make it like Thomas.

K9

Jan 26, 2003
Visit site
I've always liked him. Still think we could add scoring depth and this guy is a pure sniper who needs a second opportunity.

Nygren for Morin?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If he was tha cheap and worth it, I'm sure Bergevin would know more about him than anyone else in the league outside of Chicago.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I liked him in his draft year but I think it somewhat concerning he can't find a way to produce on Chicago.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Well if he asked to be moved, then we shouldn't have him at all.

Asking to be moved from the HAWKS? hahahah

Actually he did ask for a trade two days ago, tired of being a healthy scratch and bouncing back and forth to the AHL. A sniper is his true weapon and he's definitely a better pick than the Habs 1st in the same 2009 Entry Draft.(Louis Leblanc) The Habs have many snipers in the system already but not as experienced as Morin, in might be a good trade depending on the return, apparently the Blackhawks want a 2nd round pick or think he's worth that, I don't know about this draft, maybe the 2016 2nd from Minnesota the Habs own would be fair trade, IMHO.:nod:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Actually he did ask for a trade two days ago, tired of being a healthy scratch and bouncing back and forth to the AHL. A sniper is his true weapon and he's definitely a better pick than the Habs 1st in the same 2009 Entry Draft.(Louis Leblanc) The Habs have many snipers in the system already but not as experienced as Morin, in might be a good trade depending on the return, apparently the Blackhawks want a 2nd round pick or think he's worth that, I don't know about this draft, maybe the 2016 2nd from Minnesota the Habs own would be fair trade, IMHO.:nod:

But than the question is where does he fit in our lineup?

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

Possibly, I know Morin well and I doubt he is worth a 2nd at this point of the season. Maybe at the deadline. It's a hard choice for us, because he could be Galchenyuk's left winger, he is big. However if the chemistry is not there, he won't be very useful overall.

Dirby Kach

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2009
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Andrighetto
Sekac - Plekanec - Gallagher
Morin - Eller - Parenteau
Prust - Malholtra - Weise
Bournival

or

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Sekac
Andrighetto/Morin - Plekanec - Gallagher
Bournival/Morin - Eller - Parenteau
4th line

The problem with this is sekac and morin are third liners and andrighetto is unproven. Although it is an improvement I must say.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
The problem with this is sekac and morin are third liners and andrighetto is unproven. Although it is an improvement I must say.

Sekac is our second best winger after Patches.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Craig Custance: Devils GM Lou Lamoriello has been trying to trade Damien Brunner, who hasn’t fit in well with coach Peter DeBoer. Brunner makes $2.5 million, so Lamoriello may have to eat some of his salary or take back some salary in a trade. Brunner would love to return to the Red Wings, but they have plenty of young talent on the wing. At the moment there are no plans for him to return to Europe, though that could change in a couple weeks. Custance thinks the Stars could be an option. Blackhawks Jeremy Morin didn’t exactly demand a trade, but …

“It’s more of a case of both parties recognizing he’s not in [Quenneville’s] plans,” he said. “Stan [Bowman] is working the phones.”

Chris Kuc: Source saying that four or five teams have called the Blackhawks about Jeremy Morin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad