Jeremy Morin from the Hawks intriguing player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fifthgear

Nov 15, 2007
Montréal
Jeremy Morin seems to be an intriguing player, he´s a second rounder that seems to have trouble to really ignite with the Hawks. I looked at his stats (AHL, OHL, etc.) and they are impressive. He seems to be tired of not playing more minutes with Hawks and for the poor time of playing the Hawks are giving him, he has almost 2+ shots per games even dough he plays less then 10min. per game and not only this year. He´s a left wing and he´s 6.01 and weights 192. I think we can have him cheap and also MB has connections (past) with the Hawks. What do you think?

2009-10 Kitchener Rangers OHL 58 47 36 83
2010-11 Rockford IceHogs AHL 22 8 4 12
2010-11 Chicago Blackhawks NHL 9 2 1 3
2011-12 Chicago Blackhawks NHL 3 0 0 0
2011-12 Rockford IceHogs AHL 69 18 22 40
2012-13 Rockford IceHogs AHL 67 30 28 58
2012-13 Chicago Blackhawks NHL 3 1 1 2
2013-14 Rockford IceHogs AHL 47 24 23 47
2013-14 Chicago Blackhawks NHL 24 5 6 11
2014-15 Chicago Blackhawks NHL 15 0 0 0

Last edited:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
we should give our prospects a chance to play before we give them the jeremy morin treatment too..

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Jeremy Morin seems to be an intriguing player, he´s a second rounder that seems to have trouble to really ignite with the Hawks. I looked at his stats (AHL, OHL, etc.) and they are impressive. He seems to be tired of not playing more minutes with Hawks and for the poor time of playing the Hawks are giving him, he has almost 2+ shots per games even dough he plays less then 10min. per game and not only this year. He´s a left wing and he´s 6.01 and weights 192. I think we can have him cheap and also MB has connections (past) with the Hawks. What do you think?

2009-10 Kitchener Rangers OHL 58 47 36 83
2010-11 Rockford IceHogs AHL 22 8 4 12
2010-11 Chicago Blackhawks NHL 9 2 1 3
2011-12 Chicago Blackhawks NHL 3 0 0 0
2011-12 Rockford IceHogs AHL 69 18 22 40
2012-13 Rockford IceHogs AHL 67 30 28 58
2012-13 Chicago Blackhawks NHL 3 1 1 2
2013-14 Rockford IceHogs AHL 47 24 23 47
2013-14 Chicago Blackhawks NHL 24 5 6 11
2014-15 Chicago Blackhawks NHL 15 0 0 0

Yeah sure, the hawks will give up on one of their top prospects. Good teams don't play young players too much, get used to it.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Yeah sure, the hawks will give up on one of their top prospects. Good teams don't play young players too much, get used to it.

From what I heard from Hawks fans, Morin isn't a top prospect.

Well if he asked to be moved, then we shouldn't have him at all.

Asking to be moved from the HAWKS? hahahah

He feels he isn't given a fair chance to get into the line-up.

Dirby Kach

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2009
The way I see it is this is what a Habs contender should look like:
We are missing legitimate players in the xxx positions.
Unless you think morin fits those xxx positions right now. Why bother?

pacioretty galchenyuk xxx
xxx plekanec gallagher
Sekac Eller parenteau
Prust malhotra weise

Markov subban
Emelin xxx
Beaulieu xxx
Tinordi

Last edited:

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Sure, I see him as another Sekac type of player.

Like it or not if this guy costs some average prospect plus a meh pick it is like having a first round for free.

He is no niederreiter but he could bloom under our team.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006

The guy is going to be 24 next spring. He isn't/wasn't given a fair chance due to CHI depth.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Meh. If the Hawks would accept DD for him, then sure. Like YMCMBeaulieu said, if rather give a shot to our prospects 1st.

Hawks can't do that cause of the cap.

They would probably want back a prospect + pick. I'd be willing to take that chance and we know the Hawks will probably want to deal him to a team in the East

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Hawks can't do that cause of the cap.

They would probably want back a prospect + pick. I'd be willing to take that chance and we know the Hawks will probably want to deal him to a team in the East

Honestly I see him going to Florida,

The lack of depth on that team, the playing minutes and the connection with Tallon.

It just makes to much sense.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Honestly I see him going to Florida,

The lack of depth on that team, the playing minutes and the connection with Tallon.

It just makes to much sense.

Wouldn't be surprised and the Panthers also have plenty of prospects and picks. Same way they got Pirri from them last year

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Every team has players who don't get a chance for whatever reason -- that doesn't mean they're willing to give them away.

The backstory as to why the player wasn't given a chance or why he is now apparently available, is irrelevant -- if he costs us less than similar prospects in our system, sure go for it. But, chances are, he'll cost more and as others have said here, we finally have interesting prospects to look forward to -- no sense overpaying.

amude38

Aug 6, 2010
i think the reason he's going to be traded is that he needs to go on waiver to be sent down. once Sharp come back they will have to deal with him.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Every team has players who don't get a chance for whatever reason -- that doesn't mean they're willing to give them away.

The backstory as to why the player wasn't given a chance or why he is now apparently available, is irrelevant -- if he costs us less than similar prospects in our system, sure go for it. But, chances are, he'll cost more and as others have said here, we finally have interesting prospects to look forward to -- no sense overpaying.

Morin is a top 6 prospect ,, Hawks wing depth in top 6

RW = Hossa and Kane (Yeah not replacing either of those guys)
LW = Sharp and Saad (Yeah not replacing either of those guys)

And the guy who even more has made Morin's situation hopeless , Kris Versteeg

23 GP
8 Goals
14 assists
22 pts
+13

+ Q isn't fond of Morin because he doesn't have complete game (Q likes kids who can play D well)

No future in Chicago and other kids in pipeline close to NHL ready as well on wing including 3 former 1st round picks (McNeill , Danault , Hartman)

i think the reason he's going to be traded is that he needs to go on waiver to be sent down. once Sharp come back they will have to deal with him.

Well a 14 day conditioning assignment holds that back slightly but his lack of waiver exemption plays big part in this as well as his request

Pirri Requested trade last year and Bowman quietly obliged him

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I think he could be like a Gilbert Dionne... he has some skills and feistiness (if not consistent work ethic overall) that if you put him in a scoring role, he'll score some. But eventually fall out of favour due to the holes in his game and physical limitations. Parenteau is already kind of a player in that category, albeit one who has already established himself and is producing... whereas Morin just has the potential to perhaps be that kind of player.

Since we're down a winger, we're in a decent situation to pick up a guy like that. Although personally, I'm as happy to see Andrighetto getting a chance instead. But you shouldn't pay much for him... for sure, put in a claim if he was on waivers. Or if you had a surplus player or somebody needing a similar change of scenery who fit for the Hawks, a swap would be worth trying. But don't get carried away.

Oct 22, 2012
Good player who wants to play top 6 hockey, but just isn't going to happen in Chicago. Can't really blame the guy, even if it means leaving the hawks.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
I saw Morin a LOT in junior. Pure sniper. One of the quickest, most accurate shots I've seen and can release it from a phone booth. Also has a bit of an edge to him.

But a weak-ish skater and not terrific in his own end. I don't know how the development has come since moving to the AHL, but I did see him a handful of times with Chicago last year and he was a serviceable big body.

I honestly see him being a good complement to a fast, shifty disher like Galchenyuk, but he's not the answer to anyone's prayers. He's not entirely unlike Michael Ryder.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
the title of this thread sounds like a cheesy B movie.

Jeremy Morin is an Intriguing Man, starring Ethan Hawk as Jeremy Morin and Meagan Fox as his love interest, Pamela Slyy. DVD's coming out in December.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Did you even read the OP? He's upset because he feels he deserves a shot. He (from what I know) hasn't come out and publicly complained. I believe his agent spoke to Bowman.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
The way I see it is this is what a Habs contender should look like:
We are missing legitimate players in the xxx positions.
Unless you think morin fits those xxx positions right now. Why bother?

pacioretty galchenyuk xxx
xxx plekanec gallagher
Sekac Eller parenteau
Prust malhotra weise

Markov subban
Emelin xxx
Beaulieu xxx
Tinordi

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Andrighetto
Sekac - Plekanec - Gallagher
Morin - Eller - Parenteau
Prust - Malholtra - Weise