Management Jeremy Jacobs' 2015 deposition in connection with the NHL Concussion lawsuit

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Saw this posted by Rick Westhead and Bruins Stats on Twitter, didn’t know where to post it.

Some interesting answers from JJ.

FDoIml0WQAYfcwP

FDoJj_ZXsAQpf-Z

FDoO4KYXIAAmS7f

FDoQBgPXoAATS0E

FDoQzd7WQAgXG4_

Reactions: Sevendust

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Makes your skin crawl. This is a vile POS human. Sell the Bruins you piece of dog excrement!
He basically shows his complete disinterest in the sport and contempt for Savard. He didn't even seem to know for sure if Matt Cooke played for the Bruins ffs. Spelled Chiarelli "Sharelli" WTF!? The bottom line is that He is an undead, heartless POS.

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
He's a very good owner who despite all of the accusations of "cheapness" has kept the Bruins and the rest of the league solvent by being fiscally responsible. He's given Chiarelli and Sweeney the latitude to put out winning teams within the parameters of the salary cap. I have no problem with him as an owner and often end up finding myself being the one person to defend him when these threads pop up.

But man, those are some hilarious answers. I guess you don't have to be a fan of the sport to be a successful owner. in some ways, maybe it's better than having a Dolan who wants to buy every shiny new toy in a chase to win a cup, and never does.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
He's a very good owner who despite all of the accusations of "cheapness" has kept the Bruins and the rest of the league solvent by being fiscally responsible. He's given Chiarelli and Sweeney the latitude to put out winning teams within the parameters of the salary cap. I have no problem with him as an owner and often end up finding myself being the one person to defend him when these threads pop up.

But man, those are some hilarious answers. I guess you don't have to be a fan of the sport to be a successful owner. in some ways, maybe it's better than having a Dolan who wants to buy every shiny new toy in a chase to win a cup, and never does.
Yeah I don’t mind his investment into the club, it could be better it could be much much worse.

I also don’t really care much about his lack of interest in the sport or team but it’s pretty clear he has little to no respect for the players themselves. I guess I’m not surprised but don’t love seeing it in direct quotes.

Reactions: Gordoff

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
I don’t need jacobs to be interested but it would be nice if he wasn’t so cruel and didn’t so obviously think of the players as “the help”. He’s largely a figurehead in day to day ops of the club and they don’t behave like they have a miserly owner anymore but this guy is a driving force on the board of governors that has seen multiple work stoppages and an accountability crisis for almost everything. Not a good guy.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
His answers are bad but then so are some of the questions lol

Nothing I didn't expect, the guy is a complete jerk. I wonder what his family thinks of him.

Reactions: CrownofThornton

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I think that Q and A indicates that JJ is more out of touch than mean.

A person who was more aware of how real people think and feel could/would answer those questions in an honest, but more empathic manner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad