Jeremy Bracco next year?

GLOO

Jul 8, 2010
I know the kid had an inconsistent year after a hot start. But where is he slotted to go next year? I hope he is Marlies eligible...it would be a waste sending him back to junior. If he can just get stronger and a little faster he will do really well in his first year with the marlies.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Most likely with the Marlies. He's going to have to learn to play a 2 way game is he wants a hope in hell to make the Leafs. His edges in regards to skating are crazy good though. If he improves his top end speed, could be a sleeper pick for us.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
He'll likely get sheltered, lower ice time in the bottom 6 of the Marlies while being on the PP - probably second unit to start.. If he can improve his compete level, which should improve his consistency and impact in the AHL, he could get more responsibility on the club. However he will need to improve his speed and really improve his defensive game before then.

Interesting project pick Very high upside but a lot of development to do.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Aaltonen Brooks Korshov
Grundstrom Toninato Bracco
Timashov Piccinich Dzierkals
Lndberg Smith Johnsson

Some good prospects coming through..

Last edited:

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I know the kid had an inconsistent year after a hot start. But where is he slotted to go next year? I hope he is Marlies eligible...it would be a waste sending him back to junior. If he can just get stronger and a little faster he will do really well in his first year with the marlies.

he was drafted out of NCAA so we could have sent him to AHL at any point after he left college, he isn't tied to the CHL at all.

I think he goes in a package maybe with JVR for a D upgrade or futures that are packaged for a D upgrade

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
100% with the Marlies next season. He was eligible to play for the Marlies this season as well.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'd bet he'll never play a game for the Leafs.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
I doubt he'll have a future in the league. Possible throw in for trade maybe

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
I believe they'll take the long term approach and wait until he's 22/23 before making a decision on trading him.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Aaltonen Brooks Korshov
Grundstrom Toninato Bracco
Timashov Piccinich Dzierkals
Lndberg Smith Johnsson

Some good prospects coming through..

That's really not an impressive AHL pipeline. It's a bunch of long-shots. Hopefully we get 1-2 solid NHLers from that list.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
That's really not an impressive AHL pipeline. It's a bunch of long-shots. Hopefully we get 1-2 solid NHLers from that list.

Really?
I see Johnsson making a good push for the nhl next camp.
Grundstrom and aaltonen certainly have nhl potential as does korshkov.
If Tima takes another step next year he should be considered a hopeful as well.
Lindberg could also be a 4th line with his size and skating.
Yes optimistic but I think all those kids have a chance and could push through to the nhl

Mowman

Jan 17, 2017
I have seen lots of Bracco live, and I am on the "not an NHL player" train. Maybe he will make it some day, but he won't be a Leaf.

I really like Bracco the junior player. In fact I was a huge fan of his when he was on the Rangers. His play won't translate to the NHL though. I really hope I am wrong though!

I am a 100% sure though that he isn't ready for the NHL next year!

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
agreed, probably this season before he gets exposed at the AHL level and loses value

But he already got exposed at the Junior level after the trade. He has little or no value right now, even as a throw in, so the Marlies coaching experience is probably the best thing for his development. A reset opportunity to show Windsor was the aberration and not Kitchener.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
But he already got exposed at the Junior level after the trade. He has little or no value right now, even as a throw in, so the Marlies coaching experience is probably the best thing for his development. A reset opportunity to show Windsor was the aberration and not Kitchener.

I don't think I agree with this, he's a guy that gets asked about by other fanbases. The whole windsor team sucked after they loaded up, and had Bracco finished his season at the pace he was on in Kitchener that very likely would have counted as his "breakout" performance where his production was finally matching his talent.

Agree that a good AHL debut is a big boost to his value but I don't think his value is near nil right now

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Unless a few wingers are moved off the Leafs roster, then there won't be any room for him.

Which makes him trade bait, in a potential package that lands a Dman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad