Jere Lehtinen Jersey Retirement

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Nice, can't believe the Stars don't have more guys from their title/Finals team retired

#9 , #26 and #56 are the 3 guys who deserve(d) to have their Jersey retired . Everyone else either wasn't long enough with Dallas , wasn't that impactful or something happened that left a bad taste in peoples mouth.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
#9 , #26 and #56 are the 3 guys who deserve(d) to have their Jersey retired . Everyone else either wasn't long enough with Dallas , wasn't that impactful or something happened that left a bad taste in peoples mouth.

I guess there's no right answer and people/teams have different standards. But along with Zubov, I think it's ok to celebrate their champion by retiring their captain and Conn Smythe winner

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I guess there's no right answer and people/teams have different standards. But along with Zubov, I think it's ok to celebrate their champion by retiring their captain and Conn Smythe winner

If Hatcher hadn't gone to a rival like the Red Wings his probably would be retired. Nieuwendyk I just can't really see it. I am sure 95% of Stars fans agree with me on that.

Jere Lehtinen will always be one my favorite players. Really glad to see them getting this done fairly quickly. Won't be complete until Zubov's is up there.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Jere Lehtinen is my favorite hockey player ever. Skilled, tough, clean ... fantastic player. Up until the very end, when Mike Modano slid down the depth chart, whatever line Lehtinen was on (Morrow, Ribeiro, Richards, Eriksson) was usually the best line.

9 / 26 / 56 is a great trio from those great Stars teams.

Hidden

Ghost
Dec 11, 2014
Random
Really nice, well deserved.
To be honest I'm bit surprised too. His type of players never really seem to get recognition they deserve, but in 875 NHL games he got (243+271=) 514 while becoming 3 time Selke winner as a winger isn't something you can see often in NHL, if ever again really.

One of my all time favorite Dallas players.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Probably the best thing that has come out of this season so far for Stars fans. Very well deserved, one of my all time favourites.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad